Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1120 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 7:55 am
Very nice work.
I'd never heard of the switch to 340mm idea before.

The parts look ok, I'm no US weapons expert but certainly the 20mm looks good.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:36 am
Is that a Mark 4 mount for the Oerlikon? Looks good. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 3:15 pm
I've added the Oerlikon 22mm AA-guns as well as deck planking and plating . . . she's looking rather spiffy ;)

[ img ]

I've kept the Floatplane crane on the after deck even though it is not present oin drawings because I cannot find another way to retrieve the planes from the water after they've landed, nor a way to mount them upon the catapults which are fixed and raised above the deck.

Any suggestion short of letting the planes find an airfield, carrier or just plain ditch them into the water? :o

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 5:57 pm
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 6:23 pm
I think I've finally got Jean Bart (AABB) fixed.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 6:47 pm
Lovely job David,

The JB would have been awesome as AA cover for the fast carrier groups in mid-late 1945 against Japan. The only thought I had was whether 4 AA directors would be enough for the 15 turrets. The other layout change I would have made to such a design was to replace the single 20's on the A turret with a quad 40mm as the late model US BB's had.

(I had also never heard of the 13.4" swap out for A turret, an interesting concept.)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 7:01 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
Lovely job David,

The JB would have been awesome as AA cover for the fast carrier groups in mid-late 1945 against Japan. The only thought I had was whether 4 AA directors would be enough for the 15 turrets. The other layout change I would have made to such a design was to replace the single 20's on the A turret with a quad 40mm as the late model US BB's had.

(I had also never heard of the 13.4" swap out for A turret, an interesting concept.)
Stay tuned, I'm going to begin the layout for "Plan 2" of Jean Bart (AABB).

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 8:14 pm
Roooh
You need to delete the single 20mm aft atop the main-tower :o
Roooh

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:09 pm
Colombamike wrote:
Roooh
You need to delete the single 20mm aft atop the main-tower :o
Roooh
Is this better ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:20 pm
just one thing, what makes me wonder: the floatplane crane...... was it not removed because the catapult was not fitted? or are those crossed rails the catapults, and if they are, what is that round platform after the hangar?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1120 »

Jump to: