Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1152 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 14th, 2011, 9:27 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Kim, I did some minor recoloring (very minor - 14 pixels, all part of the optical tracking unit), and drew the top view:

[ img ]
;) Thanks, and I'm glad you did the top-view. I've totally forgot that :?

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 12:45 pm
My SLQ-32 on USS Sacramento wasn't quite right and I was recommended to take that on DG/AEGIS. But it seems to me that it was version 3 and the version on Sacramento is version 2. Therefore I've drawn both version 1 and 2. But I'm a bit doubtfull if I have to use black lines to show the details or if it is fine with the grey lines?
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Well, the dielectric panels do stand proud of the enclosure, although not by a huge amount (it depends on the exact version of SLQ-32; the dielectric covers appear to have changed in shape over time as well). I wouldn't state with absolute perpetual certainty and authority that black lines absolutely must be used for those details, but I think the gray you're using now is too light to really indicate the shape of the thing.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 3:01 pm
erik_t wrote:
Well, the dielectric panels do stand proud of the enclosure, although not by a huge amount (it depends on the exact version of SLQ-32; the dielectric covers appear to have changed in shape over time as well). I wouldn't state with absolute perpetual certainty and authority that black lines absolutely must be used for those details, but I think the gray you're using now is too light to really indicate the shape of the thing.
Yeah, the problem with black is of course double pix, but you are probably right that the grey lines are too light. I would appreciate Timothy's opinion ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 3:45 pm
And who do you think made the US parts sheet in the first place? :( :( :(

But seriously, I've been talking with Timothy about it this morning. As you've probably already figured out, there's no good answer. We'll all keep trying until we get something that everyone's happy with. I'd look at MihoshiK's Type 695 jammer for some alternative ideas for how to capture some of these scales.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 3:58 pm
Kim, I'm working on a new AN/SLQ-32(V)1 for you, and fixing the Sidekick mount. Expect it shortly

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 4:02 pm
erik_t wrote:
And who do you think made the US parts sheet in the first place? :( :( :(

But seriously, I've been talking with Timothy about it this morning. As you've probably already figured out, there's no good answer. We'll all keep trying until we get something that everyone's happy with. I'd look at MihoshiK's Type 695 jammer for some alternative ideas for how to capture some of these scales.
Sorry Erik, it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings. In fact I was 100% agreeing with you. I just wanted to make sure, I shouldn't redoing again after once darkening the grey lines. :?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 4:07 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Kim, I'm working on a new AN/SLQ-32(V)1 for you, and fixing the Sidekick mount. Expect it shortly
Oh, it's version 2 she had, and I've hadn't seen Sidekick mounted on her, even it would be possible to have it. As I understand it, Sidekick is used together with version 3, and in that combination often named SLQ-32(v)5. But I reckon you got better info materiel? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 4:25 pm
KimWerner wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
Oh, it's version 2 she had, and I've hadn't seen Sidekick mounted on her, even it would be possible to have it. As I understand it, Sidekick is used together with version 3, and in that combination often named SLQ-32(v)5. But I reckon you got better info materiel? ;)
You are correct. The sheet I am making up will have all of the versions (provisionally).

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: July 15th, 2011, 4:30 pm
TimothyC wrote:
KimWerner wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
You are correct. The sheet I am making up will have all of the versions (provisionally).
OK :D And when you haven't comment on Erik's and mine conversation I'll guess it's ok with my version 2 when I make the grey lines darker?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1152 »

Jump to: