Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 22  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 922 »
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: September 26th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Yes they are, but they have outer doors, they're open in this drawing.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: September 27th, 2011, 5:31 pm
Well is not bad now :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: September 27th, 2011, 6:28 pm
Danke.
Added signal flags, see top of page one.
Also, just occurred to me, CWF Cenet has no mooring points, so added:
[ img ]

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: September 27th, 2011, 6:41 pm
For a never-built AU design, it was never really that bad to begin with.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: October 2nd, 2011, 5:15 pm
Thank you SrGopher. I'm putting the CWF Cenet on the back burner for now.
For the past few days I've been working on some of the original ships of te Cenet War Fleet, the ones that fought in the first Russo-Cenet War of 1869-1874.
[ img ]
The Obonet Class monitor was the most produced ship during the early years of the war, with 74 of them built, but by 1872 only 20 of them remained, most of them lost to bad weather. After 1871, they were used as costal defence ships. *for hull I redrew one of Psilander's Imperial Swedish Navy ships without the superstructure.
[ img ]
The Fincher Class monitor was a key asset in targeting the larger, slower Russian ships sent to attack the island of Cenet, and with 40 built, as well as it's more seaworthy over the Obonet, it was very succesfull. *Hull is mod of Obonet Class, again redrawn from Psilander.
[ img ]
When half of the Obonet class were lost in one night during rough seas, the need for a new monitor was clear. This was the Tunis Class. With a bigger, longer range gun, the ships of the Tunis Class could attack from a range almost equal to their adversaries. But a material shortage in 1872 limited their numbers to only 18, not even one third of the ordered amount. *Still using a mod of a redrawn hull by Psilander.
[ img ]
The first ships in the Cenet War Fleet were the battleships Rebellion, Defiance, Striker, Resilance, and Defender. These ironclads saw the most intense fighting of the war, and only lost 1 ship, the Defiance, true to her name, she continued to fire with her remaining casemates and crippled forward turret until they went under.
*Funnel is heavily based on DP's HMS Benbow, general arangement of rigging is referenced from Alvama's HMS Captain, and the screw is from that drawing.
[ img ]
The only one of her class, the Silverturn was laid down as the sixth ship in the Rebellion Class, but was abandoned in 1869, only to be finished in 1870 as a side-wheeler. She saw much action, and survived the war despite her slow speed because of her long range guns. *Paddle Wheel and associated walkway is from Alvama's Great Eastern submarine telephone cable layer, with some modifications, also used the prop from his HMS Captain.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: October 2nd, 2011, 5:36 pm
I might be wrong, but wasn't the point of passle steamers that they didn't have props

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: October 2nd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Ohhhh i liked!!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 12:03 am
barnest2 wrote:
I might be wrong, but wasn't the point of passle steamers that they didn't have props
Not neccesarily, the Great Eastern did. The paddle wheel is mostly to increase speed.

Last edited by Raxar on October 12th, 2011, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: October 10th, 2011, 11:42 pm
[ img ]
This is the CWF Effective, she and her sistership, the Minator, were built from the steel that had been stockpiled for the super battleship CWF Cenet, which was never built.
The Effective served as the Flagship of the Cenet navy during the war, and the Minator was sunk by an out of control Russian destroyer that rammed her.
*Yes I know, that's Redhorse's USS Delaware with some slight modifications (she's one of my favorite ships, and I wanted to do something like her in my AU), but the underwater hull is all me and in no way represents the Delaware.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: October 10th, 2011, 11:59 pm
The bow at the waterline is a little bit rough, and the underwater section of it is very edgy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 22  [ 212 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 922 »

Jump to: