Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 876 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: April 6th, 2011, 8:53 am
A few information about these 2 new ships:

*HSY-82: This patrol boat based to the never built Italian Corvetta da 1000t of early 1970's,developed in early to mid 1980's by Hellenian Shipyard due to a demand for an OPV with helicopter to act either to SAR missions or to ASW/ASuW missions. Named from Mousses of Hellenian Mythology, these 1020t OPVs have sonar from Signaal Smart Hellas and powered by triple TAG 20V672TB93 of 5500hp each giving 30kn.Also they have some EW capabilities.Together with the 8 OPVs HSY-56/56A they are the workhorses of RHN.
2 more built for Coastguard and 2 for Cyprus Republic.
*C444 Ulysee (or CGH Odysseus): This is actually a bigger version of the old Italian CG Andrea Doria and had a long development story,dating back to early 1960's.Finally it launched in 1975 and entered service in 1978.Italians though did offered a version of Vittorio Veneto in 1972 but RHN decide to built a CG with landing capabilities which became the LHCD Orion.The "RHN Vittorio Veneto" however became the 198m CG Julio Cesare (one of my AU Ships coming) which entered service with Marina Militare in 1980.
In template of C444 I wrote "The first and only Helicopter Cruiser of RHN..".Although it can accommodate 120 Marines or
Seals,is a Cruiser.But this was its design purpose:a unit with strong armament which can act as a Helicopter Cruiser but also capable of acting as a Fast Response Unit which can deliver Marines (or Seals) anywhere in Eastern Mediterranean Sea.Οdysseus can accomodate 2 CΗ-47SD. After the Orion was built,C444 acts only as pure Helicopter Cruiser.In RHN there is not any other ship classified as CGH (Cruiser Guided missile Helicopter),even the 9800t Lysandros Class are classified as DDGs and belong to Destroyers Command together with DDGs of Kimon Class.Orion could be classified as CGH,but because of the welldock it belongs to Landing Ship Command,although Orion can also act as CGH (and according to RHN plans it will do if C444 sinks in wartime).

Last edited by odysseus1980 on March 6th, 2012, 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: April 6th, 2011, 2:01 pm
may I ask why your mk2 looks like an older design then your mk1?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: April 6th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Τhe Ionis Μk2 is based to Τuuli/Ιonis Μk1 from which the shipyard had full plans and made the nesessary changes after collecting every photo of US LCΑC Navy had (from exercises dating from 1988,during some of them RΗΝ's Landing Ships launched LCΑCs to gain experience).But Ιonis Μk2 is more modern as construction than US LCΑC.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: April 16th, 2011, 1:56 pm
The Jason Class Mk1/1a LST was designed in early 1960's to replace old UK-built LSTs.It is a militarized version of civilian ferry (hull derived from Gaelic Ferry but 24m longer).This LST is a military ferry,capable of carrying every vehicle of Hellenian Army,it does not have welldock or hangar for helicopters,although it provides landing facilities for 1-2 CH-47 or 2 AS-532GR on rear deck,which is strengthened to support tanks (as also Gaelic Ferry and its sisterships was). Picture below is as these vessels are now,after their refit in Neorion Shipyard in early to mid 1990's.The RHN created a fund to built and support these LSTs with building money came from shipowners of the Hellenian Mercant Fleet and this fund today helps for supporting the Landing Fleet of RHN.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on May 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: May 13th, 2011, 5:42 pm
The (fictional) Vasiliades Patrol Boats, as they are known, is one another trademark of RHN together with the Konon Class Frigates/OPVs in second half of 20th century.The designer of this vessels,Spiros Vasiliades,had in mind a luxury yacht back in 1935 and actually built two (of which only one survives,the Mascot,built in 1938).All Vasiliades Patrol Boats was made from nailed steel as in the original plans of 1935.After the WW2,when the shipyard worked again,Spipos Vasiliades proposed a Patrol Boat based on this hull in 1948 and immidiately the Hellenic Coastguard ordered 12.The last 5 of this batch was Mk1a with some improvements,Folloed by the MkII in 1960 (in HCG the MkII Class entered service in 1964).The last third batch (MkIIa,for Black Sea Navy Command and Cypriot Navy) was redesigned underwater and had more power to gain more speed.Range varied from 2050nm (MkI) to 2400nm(MkII/IIa) in 16kn to 20kn (depends on the model).Due to very strong construction,as also the Konon Class was,few still survive in beginning of 21th century.In their heyday were true workhorses, in service with Hellenic Coastguard,the Navy Command of Black Sea (which is the only independent Command of RHN) and even in East Meditteranean with Cypriot Navy Command.Cypriots had 4 in two versions (2 ships each).They were the first ships in NATO with AUVs,the Proteas I/II which was a small "submarine" with autopilot used for detecting minefields in sea,enemy submarines etc,infiltrate through underwater defense systems (such as antisubmarine nets) and even in antismuggling operations with the Maritime Frontier Guard of the Kingdom (AUV Proteas MkIIc/d).
Also the Hellenic Coastguard used them for many years and still has one in service (the LS-627) as a training OPV.

Note: The gun aft in 3rd to 6th design is not Bofors 40mm,but a 30mm made by Pyrkal in early fifties based to Italian Origin AA guns from the 1930's.The turret had double 30/75 cal cannons with combined rate of fire 2000 rounds per minute.In late 1980's this weapon withdrawn for service and replaced by the prototype of Artemis Naval (wihich used the old manned turret).

Last edited by odysseus1980 on July 1st, 2011, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: May 13th, 2011, 5:52 pm
IF YOU MODIFY MY ENFORCER 8000 DRAWING YOU SHOULD CREDIT ACCORDINGLY.
that you use it without me asking first is something I don't like, but at least credit, if half your ship is drawn by me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: May 13th, 2011, 6:02 pm
Yup, that's it. If memory serves the mount is Norwegian and it's one of the few Pop-Up mounts in the world.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: May 13th, 2011, 6:27 pm
Thiel wrote:
Yup, that's it. If memory serves the mount is Norwegian and it's one of the few Pop-Up mounts in the world.
you are right, this has it viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1132

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: May 13th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Υes,this ship was inspired from Εnforcer 8000 and Ι will add crediting.Βut keeρ in mind that it Ι used parts from 4 different ships to do it,2 of them South Αfrican,1 German and Εnforcer 8000,so proper crediting would have 5 authors at least.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: May 13th, 2011, 7:54 pm
major parts are just copied from my enforcer, so I don't know where the other 4 would fit. the entire hull, front part of the structure and the mast are drawn by me. only the bow and the mid structure is edited. I suggest you relook at it and credit the others too, if needed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 876 »

Jump to: