Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 833 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: January 5th, 2013, 4:19 pm
that hangar looks huge! also, the bilge keels do look very little (up to the point that they do not do anything useful for a ship this size) the same counts for the stern thruster, an thruster that size is useless for an ship this size.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 5:28 pm
I did some changes to the carrier starting with the name

[ img ]

Air force update:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
rickdog
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 5:54 pm
heuhen wrote:
Norwegian Navy will never let any country build the same frigate as Norway. for Norway it will be the same as declaring war... on them. Norway would also never sell something that advance ship to a country as Columbia.
The only problem that this is AU, so for whatever it means, maybe Norway doesn`t even exist in this AU universe, so an "un-existent" entity, can`t say anything about it. :P

Besides, for real world, that Norwegian frigate, is actually Spanish-made and they can sell it to whomever they want to. In fact, they have offered it to many nations as an alternative to the F-100 (that they also build), and in any of those offers to other countries, they have asked for Norway's opinion on the issue. ;)

In relation to the USA equipment it has, you may have a point (reasons why many nations that were offered the design, ended not accepting the Spanish offer)

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 6:01 pm
Thanks a lot for the information finally someone has clarified the norway problem

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 7:24 pm
rickdog wrote:
heuhen wrote:
Norwegian Navy will never let any country build the same frigate as Norway. for Norway it will be the same as declaring war... on them. Norway would also never sell something that advance ship to a country as Columbia.
The only problem that this is AU, so for whatever it means, maybe Norway doesn`t even exist in this AU universe, so an "un-existent" entity, can`t say anything about it. :P

Besides, for real world, that Norwegian frigate, is actually Spanish-made and they can sell it to whomever they want to. In fact, they have offered it to many nations as an alternative to the F-100 (that they also build), and in any of those offers to other countries, they have asked for Norway's opinion on the issue. ;)

In relation to the USA equipment it has, you may have a point (reasons why many nations that were offered the design, ended not accepting the Spanish offer)

Yeah they have offered the design. But not the actual the same design as the Norwegian frigate. They used it just as an presentation, If someone are going to by a frigate like the Norwegian one they would be totally different! And I know this. I had a talk with my stepfather and asked him about it.

He told me that in the building contract there is a surplus line that state: "The Fridtjof Nansen class frigate can't be sold to any Nation than Norway, "But" the design basis can be used for developing a new frigate on the same design, that frigate must not share any design features that is the same as the Norwegian Frigate, except a few design features and standards."

He said the hull is Spanish, so they can do whatever they want. The SPY-1 mast layout from the Fridtjof Nansen class frigate can also be used on a new design. but after that things have to be changed. For example how compartment are placed, weapons, Kevlar placement, CIC placement, etc. This is to prevent that other that Norwegian Military personnel and designers know how her "weak points"

And for US equipment, Norway have not only got equipment that other navy can get, but they have also got some equipment under the table (after what I know and understand)!

But the other part is that this frigate is designed to be fully operational and seaworthy at full military equipment and more than 300 tons of ice on deck!

So there is many factors: yes they can sell the basic design but not the totally copy of the Norwegian frigate design. (put it in a copy machine design also) this is what I am about. If you are going to use this design you need to do some change on here. (the basic design would be: Hangar placement, funnel placement and SPY-1 mast at the same place. And also the same hull... rest would be different.)

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 7:39 pm
So what your saying is that they can sell the ship if they install weapons like the Harpoon and american guns on it

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 7:59 pm
Judging by the size of the funnel, the maximum speed of your aircraft carrier is about 6 knots.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 8:09 pm
KIKE92 wrote:
So what your saying is that they can sell the ship if they install weapons like the Harpoon and american guns on it
weapons is up to the Americans, so basically yeas. A 100% clone/copy of the vessel, yes.

Would you late you'r next born man make a 100% clone of you'r wife/girlfriend/ someone you love... He can get the similar equipment but not totally.... that is what we have "doctors for!"....

So the short line would be:

- same hull.
- different layout off how the ship is build up (placement of rooms and things like that. but also how the superstructure is placed/sized)
- Similar radar mast.

It would be like placing two cars next to each others, One is a Fiat Panda, the other is an Fiat 300. They doesn't look the same, or are build the same way etc. (If you catch my drift) but the have the same start point in the design: "The chassis" Fiat 300 have the short version, Fiat Panda have the long version. But every thing else up on that is different.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 8:10 pm
Yes,klagldsf is right.An aircraft carrier of this size heeds at least 85,000hp for 28-29kn,more than 100,000 for >30kn.Look the Italian Garibaldi Class,of similar size.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 8:21 pm
Not only that, but now it needs to generate power for a phased array set.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 833 »

Jump to: