Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 1:48 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
...arguably your version is wrong, Colo. Sorry, but will not violate the accuracy of the drawings for your nit pick's sake! Will not happen - especially since your explanation doesn't pertain this class. Like I said: the windows; either bridge windows or secondary Conn. windows were not modern windows, in the sense that they were fixed and with solid frames around them. Rather they were set closely in a single very wide main frame, separated by the aforementioned rubber sealings. And that's it! So, you can see how your proposed 'solution' will completely wreck the appearance and accuracy of the vessels. Hence why I draw a line at that...
If the staff's official position is that the drawing of the bridge windows is left up to you, then I have no right to say anything contrary to that. I was under the impression that we had an established way of drawing bridge windows regardless of what they looked like in real life.

My drawing was a suggestion of how I would have done it (based on how MConrads and MihoshiK did it back in the day). In my opinion, it gives the drawing a neat and tidy look that just placing grey pixels over blue does not.

While we're nitpicking details at the pixel level, I'd like an explanation of why your rubber strips on the windows are six inches wide. Surely that's inaccurate and wrecks the drawing? I mean come on.. that's a whole hell of a lot of rubber panel for one window!!

Anyway, are you planning on drawing the later refits? No ship is complete unless its entire evolution has been drawn...

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 2:55 pm
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 3:06 pm
I've always drawn ships windows 'spaced' by a single pixel grey line, as that is how I prefer it; and I probably picked that up from early on, by studying the older drawings. If we are (now) to agree that it is up to the artist to decide, then so be it. :)

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 3:14 pm
-edit-

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 3:27 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Colo, I have no idea, why you need to use such, in my opinion, sarcastic and hurtful language.
I am not being sarcastic or trying to be hurtful. If anything your posts come off as rude and arrogant; you have an amazing inability to accept criticism from others regardless of how it's phrased.
Quote:
Are yu mad that Brockpaine beat you to the punch, and that I was offered the opportunity to finish and 'calibrate' his work? If so, then that's a very rude behavior to say the least. But, as I know nought, I won't pursue that further.
I have no doubts that I could draw the Houston if I wanted to!
Quote:
Those "six-inch" strips that you so sarcastically mention; well, first of all, they're not just rubber sealings, window pane to window pane. Had you read my arguments why I've elected to do it this way, you'd realize there's a strip of metal between- a thin metal post, which was detachable as well. Now, admittedly, with the inherent limitations of paint, as we do here in SB, there will be size misrepresentations; such as missiles, guntubs, railings etc - and so,too, must minor details at times be drawn slightly off scale, since we have no quarter- or half-pixels!
This is what I was leading you towards -- since there's no really accurate way of displaying something as miniscule as the linings of bridge windows, I see no reason not to use whatever format for bridge windows that looks the best. In my opinion it's the style that I posted.
Quote:
Besides, I've not criticised your proposal, if you chose to select that for your copies.
I'm not sure what you are on about "your copies", but in my view there is only ONE copy of the drawing, the one posted here and the one that gets uploaded.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 3:33 pm
Quote:
seeing that I always seem to draw the basest possible comments from certain people
Oh, woe is me.

[Profile]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 3:45 pm
Should I go ask a moderator or an administrator to settle this once and for all? Because I, for one, appreciate the effort being put into these heavy cruisers.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 4:02 pm
This is a drawing that I have originally rejected twice from the uploading sessions becouse it wasen't properly drawn, so for some odd reason it seems to be tough nut to crack and swallow. Lets see on the next session what's my final verdict will be 8-)

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 4:24 pm
I have never said I didn't appreciate the effort put into these ships. For the most part the drawings are very nice.

Literally all that I did was post a method of fixing the bridge windows before I learned that we no longer require bridge windows to be drawn that way.

How this minor disagreement turned into a 2 page flame fest is completely beyond me!!

What annoys me the most is that Bezo will say that "the thread is ruined" by my comments. What does he expect? That the thread is nothing but flowerly compliments for his work?

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 5:01 pm
-edit-

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 4 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: