Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 23  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 523 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 20th, 2012, 5:06 pm
[ img ]

1945/own design?
[ img ]

same as above with measure 22 camouflage scheme:
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on September 21st, 2012, 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 20th, 2012, 8:01 pm
It looks good, nice work.

You can check the Iowas for a more detailed aircraft handling crane.

The boats need to be colored to match the rest of the ship.

Please delete the forward shading on the funnels, it makes them look almost triangular. :P

Might also consider adding some wire antennae between the masts (similar to Iowa).

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 20th, 2012, 9:14 pm
She is looking very nice.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 20th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Fixed some points as Colosseum suggested and others as he permitted, thus a minor update for the drawing.
Tomorrow afternoon i will probably have more time to spend on her, so expect a bigger update.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 21st, 2012, 12:59 am
are you going to do a modernized version or cold war never builds?

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 21st, 2012, 8:52 pm
Philbob wrote:
are you going to do a modernized version or cold war never builds?
You mean something like 1980s Iowas?

Meanwhile, i have finished the 1942 version of Uss Montana, also completed an hypotetycal 1945 version based on some drawings and many model kists that can be found around the internet, i'ts more of an own design i think tough as she would ha been laid down immediately after approval in 1942 to be completed in 1945 (there where 6 Essex-class carriers and 4 Iowas under construction at the time, making that a bit difficult) ; also started the 1947 (more plausible never-where) following Colombamike advices, she will come too, but probably not today.

Colosseum credited for Iowa bridge, as basicaly all Montana models use the Iowa model one i was not capable to draw or modify it enough to create something similar but different at the same time.

for the drawings i'm talking about see above or in the first page.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on September 21st, 2012, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 21st, 2012, 8:55 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Fixed some points as Colosseum suggested and others as he permitted, thus a minor update for the drawing.
Tomorrow afternoon i will probably have more time to spend on her, so expect a bigger update.
Few others sources BB1987 (for AA suit & Camo idea's !!!)
[ img ]
[ img ]
it is clear that your "1942" version lack severals quadruple 40mm Bofor mounts, mainly because by 1943/1944, the number of guns will soon quickly increase !!! (likely around 20 to 24 quadruple 40mm mounts....to compare with "up-to" 20 x 4 quadruple 40mm bofor in the IOWA BB class !!!! :ugeek: )
(waiting the next round of update before a rainfall of critics :mrgreen: )

Last edited by Colombamike on May 29th, 2014, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 21st, 2012, 9:06 pm
That's measure 22, i can just turn the wull blue like Colosseum 1945 Uss Missouri; for other camouflage jobs (like the measure 32 you also posted) it could be harder, i have never tried before with camo and not using drawing programs with layers (only ms paint) make things more harder.
The 1942 version is just the final design of the Montanas, she has 10 quadruple bofors on paper; the speculative/own design 1945 is based on drawings and the same model you posted above, sporting 19 quadruple bofors (just one less than Iowas), i have saw other models ammassing as much as 31 quadruple bofors mounts (31? thats 124 40mm guns!) wich for me is really too much, i think it's possible to add as much as 6 quadruple mounts at best (3 port and 3 starboard, simmetrycal), but no more (two between turret 4 and aircraft catapults, and another 4 by deleting the boats deck, a-la-Iowas).
Messing with the bofors would be a later thing tough, now i want to focus on the 1947 version with advanced radars and 76mm twins for AA.

:)

(and on a side note, i'ts probably an own design of some sort.. but.. how much is big that BB with measure 32 you posted? :shock: tha'ts clearly way too big even for Montana's size)

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 21st, 2012, 9:36 pm
BB1987 wrote:
wich for me is really too much
There can be never too much AA.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 21st, 2012, 9:41 pm
"Also spracht APDAF" 8-) ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 23  [ 223 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 523 »

Jump to: