Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 20 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2247 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 31st, 2014, 2:26 pm
It's alright, let the British find out for themselves and the Rossiyans would just love to see the Brits' reaction

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 1st, 2014, 1:43 am
Next I will do a write up on the Attack on the Rossiyan Naval Base in Singapore

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 1st, 2014, 11:18 am
BATTLE FOR SINGAPORE
In 1918, Rossiya established a naval station on the island of Singapore after Rossiya signed a treaty with Great Britain in 1917 which permitted Rossiya to establish naval bases in British colonies in the South East Asian region. The Rossiyan Navy built one, the Svyatoslavovich Naval Air Base in the southernmost corner of Singapore. It was one of the only two Rossiyan naval bases not on Rossiyan soil being the other one, Tavana Naval Base in Saudi Arabia. This naval base was a large one as it can accommodate two Litvyak aircraft carriers, three Andronov class battleships, three Richtofen class battlecruisers, five Rensumburg class cruisers, five Garpiya class light cruisers, fifteen Istrebitel' class destroyers and ten Nixe class submarines.
It had two runways and had enough space for four fighter squadrons and two bomber squadrons.
It was guarded by two Rossiyan Marine brigades and one Rossiyan Army Battalion.
When the Japanese invaded Singapore in 8 February 1942, they needed to destroy the Rossiyan naval air base to advance unhindered so on the 10th of February 1942, Japanese bombers attack Svyatoslavovich Base which at the time had the Rossiyan South East Asian Flotilla formed from the Rossiyan 1st Fleet. The flotilla made of the RFS Litvyak (CV), RFS Bagram (BB), RFS Gunitov (BC), RFS Markov (BC), RFS Nicholas (CA), RFS Gustav (CA), RFS Ferinov (CA), RFS Garpiya (CL), RFS Zmeya (CL), RFS Harpyie (CL), RFS Istrebitel' (DD), RFS Schrecklich (DD), RFS Neustoychivyy (DD), RFS Langweiler (DD), RFS Nixe (SS), RFS Meerjungfrau (SS), RFS Seejungfrau (SS) and RFS Wassergeist (SS). The flotilla was severely damaged with Litvyak, Bagram sunk; Gunitov, Nicholas, Garpiya, Zmeya, Harpyie, Langweiler crippled; Markov, Ferinov, Schrecklich, badly damaged; Neustoychivyy moderately damaged; Gustav, Istrebitel', Nixe, Meerjungfrau, Seejungfrau, Wassergeist were undamaged. The Rossiyan 5th and 8th Marine Brigades and the Rossiyan 56th Army Battalion fought hard to defend the base from Japanese ground attack while the Rossiyan South East Asian Air Group fought desperately against the Japanese Air Force but on February 20th Rossiya withdrew from Svyatoslavovich Naval Air Base due to fear of being cut off and to preserve men that had fighting experience. Rossiya lost eight warships, 153 planes and 3450 men and women. However the Rossiyans did something the Japanese didn't expect, they destroyed the naval base
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 1st, 2014, 3:07 pm
The problem I see is that with the extra forces in Singapore you will need to boost the Japanese (total ships/men and that hits cash and manpower limits) or they will not risk comeing south.

OTL GB only had a 3rd rate force with a few capital ships (force Z) to act as a deterrent.

But if you add the (now huge) Republic of Rossiya navy then you will need to send a much larger force of IJN south.

RFS Litvyak (CV), RFS Bagram (BB), RFS Gunitov (BC), RFS Markov (BC) and POW(BB) and R(BC) makes a very different sized force Z :o

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 1st, 2014, 10:19 pm
JSB wrote:
The problem I see is that with the extra forces in Singapore you will need to boost the Japanese (total ships/men and that hits cash and manpower limits) or they will not risk comeing south.

OTL GB only had a 3rd rate force with a few capital ships (force Z) to act as a deterrent.

But if you add the (now huge) Republic of Rossiya navy then you will need to send a much larger force of IJN south.

RFS Litvyak (CV), RFS Bagram (BB), RFS Gunitov (BC), RFS Markov (BC) and POW(BB) and R(BC) makes a very different sized force Z :o

JSB
The Rossiyans didn't leave their port, and these battleships and battlecruisers were the old Navansha battleships and Richtofen class battlecruisers, in fact the entire flotilla was made of World War 1 warships with many of them still not modernized to fight the modern war of 1939 to 1945 with many of them only having three to six anti-air machine guns. Additionally, the Rossiyan Navy had no idea what the British were doing because partly Rossiya never asked and that the British never informed them also the fact that Rossiya and Britain were not allied to each other at this period. So instead of assisting the British, the guns on the Rossiyan warships fell silent against the Japanese fleet but against the Japanese army, not so much. The Rossiyan warships however did slow down the advance of the Japanese Army into Singapore. But yeah within days of battle many of the heavy warships were badly damaged so to protect what was left of the Rossiyan South East Asian Flotilla, they began pulling out on the 19th of February and by the next day, the base was abandoned and left burning

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 2nd, 2014, 11:40 pm
Now coming to the field are Rossiya's World War 2 fleet with the modified warships from the interwar period

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 1:30 am
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
The Rossiyans didn't leave their port, and these battleships and battlecruisers were the old Navansha battleships and Richtofen class battlecruisers, in fact the entire flotilla was made of World War 1 warships with many of them still not modernized to fight the modern war of 1939 to 1945 with many of them only having three to six anti-air machine guns. Additionally, the Rossiyan Navy had no idea what the British were doing because partly Rossiya never asked and that the British never informed them also the fact that Rossiya and Britain were not allied to each other at this period. So instead of assisting the British, the guns on the Rossiyan warships fell silent against the Japanese fleet but against the Japanese army, not so much. The Rossiyan warships however did slow down the advance of the Japanese Army into Singapore. But yeah within days of battle many of the heavy warships were badly damaged so to protect what was left of the Rossiyan South East Asian Flotilla, they began pulling out on the 19th of February and by the next day, the base was abandoned and left burning
None of this stops the IJN from having to treat Rossiyans as an extra opponent, If they have a base in a British colony they are defacto a British allies as much as the USA (they will also be selling the British war supplies even if not giving them with LL) and they will surly enforce some sort of neutral defensive zone in the Indian ocean (that can only help the British MM and trade).

All this means that the IJN will have to treat them as another threat (as the attack on the base shows) and that will mean counting all the Rossiyan fleet as part of the RN far east fleet (or rather the RN as part of it ;) since the number are so big)......

Alll very bad news for the IJN .... but great fun to see new ships 8-)

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 3:58 am
JSB wrote:

None of this stops the IJN from having to treat Rossiyans as an extra opponent, If they have a base in a British colony they are defacto a British allies as much as the USA (they will also be selling the British war supplies even if not giving them with LL) and they will surly enforce some sort of neutral defensive zone in the Indian ocean (that can only help the British MM and trade).

All this means that the IJN will have to treat them as another threat (as the attack on the base shows) and that will mean counting all the Rossiyan fleet as part of the RN far east fleet (or rather the RN as part of it ;) since the number are so big)......

Alll very bad news for the IJN .... but great fun to see new ships 8-)

JSB
To make matters, the Japanese forgot to declare on Rossiya when they attacked. So this enraged the Rossiyans even more.

now I am going to create an AU treaty between the US and Rossiya regarding the Pacific Theater and the war as whole:

TREATY OF PEARL HARBOUR
After both Rossiya and America were attacked by the Japanese in late 1941-early 1942, the two nations signed a treaty. It was signed in 25th of February 1942 in Pearl Harbour. The contents of the treaty are:
  • The United States of America and the Republic of Rossiya agree to combine arms in ensuring the complete defeat of Japan and Germany
  • The United States of America and the Republic of Rossiya agree to allow each other and her allies' military units access into their territories
  • Republic of Rossiya agrees to assist the United States in their Lend & Lease program
  • The United States of America agrees to allow the Republic of Rossiya to build American equipment under license
  • The United States of America and Republic of Rossiya agreed to combine intelligence networks to assist the war effort
(This treaty is up for scrutiny, please tell me what to add or change or remove from this list of agreements)

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 11:39 am
Why do they not just join in with ARCADIA ? (or even more likely ABCR-1 ;) )

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 1:36 pm
Rossiya did take part in those conferences however they paid very little attention because they felt more or less secured from Japan or the Axis in Europe because to get to Rossiya, there are British colonies to be passed except for Italian East Africa but the Indian Ocean is vast and Rossiya dominate those waters. However that notion changed after the Rossiyan naval base in Singapore was attacked.
Rossiya signed the treaty of Pearl Harbour with the Americans only because they wanted to have agreements with the Americans regarding the Pacific Theatre on objectives, resource allocation and what they do after the war. Rossiya asked if she could take all of Japan's surviving equipment and salvage any sunken or destroyed military equipment she chooses which the Americans agreed to.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 20 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2247 »

Jump to: