Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2165 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 9th, 2011, 12:20 pm
Short of a flying wing or blended body what other options could be explored?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 9th, 2011, 1:43 pm
The body is fine, just add a pixel or two bump to the top. You could make the nose a few pixels longer and that would fix what's wrong with the plane. You do have a good starting template here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 9th, 2011, 2:10 pm
I'll give it a shot when I get back home later this afternoon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 25th, 2011, 6:16 pm
I've had this floating about for a while so I figured I'd put it up...

Atlantia Aerospace Engineering Mosquito - Rotary Wing UAV

[ img ]

Following a study in 2004 into the possibility of replacing the Gazelle fleet of light reconnaissance helicopters with UAVs either based off the Gazelle or a similar airframe. The Mosquito first flew in 2007 with the core architecture embedded into a modified Gazelle airframe. In 2008 the decision was taken to integrate the Mosquito architecture into a new airframe (the contenders being the EC120, AS355 Twin Squirrel Bell 407 and AWŚwidnik Kania) The EC120 was deemed most suitable to continue development with and first flew in it's modified form in late 2009. Initial operational capability was obtained with 2075 Squadron in late 2010. There are currently 4 operational airframes in service with 2075 squadron with another 8 on order when flight testing and evaluation ends later this year.

The RH-11 'Mosquito B' as it's known in AAFCOM service features a Turbomeca Arrius 2B2 turboshaft rated @ 609kW, a FLIR systems star SAFIRE 380-HLD EO gimble, two external hardpoints rated for up-to 400kg of stores (FN HMP 450 12.7mm gunpods, M260 and LAU-5002 70mm CRV7 pods, twin launchers for MAPATs, SPIKE-ER or Mistral II or two cargo pods)
The reworked interior layout can take a further 400kg of cargo or in an emergency up-to three passengers. Under the nose there is a combined IR/visible searchlight also mounted on the nose (as well as the tail-boom) are parts of a light version of the SELEX HIDAS helicopter defence suite including an IR/Laser warning/jammer and an RWR.

Looking to the future AAE are investigating the possibility of integrating the Mosquito system into an EC135 or EC145T2 to offer greater operational flexibility with regards to form factor and load carriage as well as adding two engined redundancy.

------

Regards, Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Amended R30 Ark RoyalPosted: August 26th, 2011, 8:39 pm
It's dawned on me again how large the 'Ark' really is... I apologize for the sheer size of the image... Still I've put too much effort into trying to finish it to hack it apart again. Amended the design slightly to shorten it a bit and changed some of the superstructure around. Yes another change of systems and stuff however as only Spambot/Obsidian really knows I'm in a constant state of flux in such matters... That said. Super Bugs, Trackers and Hueys are staying, period. Mica-VL has been chosen as aircraft in both the Naval Air Arm and Air Force operate the air launched MICA. The VL is not too dissimilar to said version as opposed to some SAM systems derived from AAMs. Stealthy 40mm mounts and quad barrel 27mms replaced in favour of a 27mm Gatling set-up designed in collaboration Tula based on the AK-630. The funny wee things along with the Oto Melara Hit-Role .50s are meant to illustrate an AAE designed "hard kill" countermeasures system for use against sea skimmers.

Revised Armament
4x AAE CIWS-27-2 27mm x145 twin Gatling gun CIWS
4x 8 cell vertical launchers equipped with an even mix of MBDA Mica-VL EM and IR point defence missiles
5x Oto Melara Hit-Role 12.7mm RCWS with FNH M3Ps mounted
7-10 Crew served 12.7mm M3Ms or M134s

[ img ]

Preliminary revised air-group:
Fighters: 76 || 48 FA-18E Taranis' 32 FA-18F Taranis'
AEW: 8 || 8 E-111X Tracer Juniors (SAAB Erieye)
COD 2 || 2 UC-111X Trader Juniors (Not necessarily embarked on-board)
ASW & EW 6 || 2 MP-3B Wikings & 4 EP-3B Wikings
Helicopters 8 || 8 MH-212B Fulmars (Seaspray 7000E surface search radar)

Try, not to hurt me much... Regards, Mark.

Last edited by Blackbuck on August 31st, 2011, 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 26th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Well not being one of your best looking ones, but by far still superior though! I like it!

[Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 26th, 2011, 8:54 pm
I agree she's no looker. It was the first truly "big ship" I tried doing. I do however have the much more reasonably sized HMAtS Conqueror and HMAtS Reaper. They were commissioned in 1975 and 1982 respectively. Should be around 75,000 tonnes fully loaded and slightly smaller than the JFK. Also conventionally powered unlike the Ark Royal.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 27th, 2011, 1:48 am
can you do a drawn showing the deck pls because in CV my favorite is the deck^^

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 27th, 2011, 8:14 am
Check back a few pages, there was a basic deck plan somewhere. I don't intend to do a fully detailed deck plan though because that would make me shout a lot.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: August 27th, 2011, 12:15 pm
That carrier has a certain je non sais quoi that makes here look very nice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2165 »

Jump to: