Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1827 »
jabba
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 5:11 pm
erik_t wrote:
I think these are my favorite iteration of cage masts I've yet seen on Shipbucket.
Yes, they do actually work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 6:10 pm
erik_t wrote:
I think these are my favorite iteration of cage masts I've yet seen on Shipbucket.
Agreed, have you been using those all along? I am embarrassed that I did not notice then sooner or I would have complemented you on them a while ago (and stolen them for my latest drawing).

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 7:09 pm
Thanks, I looked at very many versions and finally figuered ou how the other artists pulled them off.

Go ahead and use them. You can't steal what's freely given.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 8:06 pm
I've started work on the USS Tennessee as she apeared in 1931. Her 3in guns were replaced by 5in/25cal and aircraft catapults had been added to her stern and #3 Turret as well as some modifications to here bridge and conning tower.

Should I start a new thread or continue here?

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 8:48 pm
I don't see any reason to start a new thread, but it doesn't really matter either way.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 9:14 pm
Great! I'll stay with this one. I just didn't want to confuse things.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 9:36 pm
I do humbly suggest that this doesn't really belong in "Beginner Drawings" anymore...

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 17th, 2014, 11:42 pm
Thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 18th, 2014, 6:09 pm
I like American battleships of this period. The ship is beautiful. The same is true for its drawing. :)

Weisman Worklist
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 504#p72223

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 18th, 2014, 6:28 pm
Thank. I've gained an understanding and a great appreciation for their elegance drawing this one.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1827 »

Jump to: