Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1631 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: April 26th, 2015, 3:41 pm
Well, like I was saying I went with the overwing engines to make it more distinct than anything. There's not much of a technical reason behind it.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: April 26th, 2015, 5:24 pm
Nice plains ezgo you goine make them in FD size to ? You can use the C1 Pelican from me as it has been based on the AN -124 and C-5 to.

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: April 26th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Thanks Pegasus!
I probably won't make it in FD scale, but I may draw them in GP (General Purpose) scale which is 6px=1ft vs FD scale's 6.734px=1ft (Which makes it much simpler). The Model 187 Condor and Model 65 Scout on the first page are in GP scale.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: April 26th, 2015, 8:18 pm
Nice work :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: April 29th, 2015, 1:10 am
Thank you Eswube!

Now for something a little different.
[ img ]
Known as the 'Flying Whales of Dublin', the Sarran SI-H7 class of hovercrafts are the largest of their kind in Denton. The 8 hovercrafts of the SI.H7 class were built from 1966 to 1975. Their resemblance to the Saunders-Roe SR.N4 largely comes from a collaboration of the two companies on the project. The first 4 were built from 1966 to 1971 After the first 3 years (from 1969), they saw great success and were soon supplemented by another 4 Hovercraft to accommodate the rapidly increasing demand. The last two hovercrafts were modified and tested in an extended configuration, by adding 59ft to the existing frame, reconfiguring the bridge, and installing more powerful engines. The tests were successful and by 1979, 3 more SI.H7 were converted, being designated as SI-H7.2 (the three that weren't converted were the craft operating on the DU-PL line) Primarily serving the Dublin-Bristol (3hr) and the Dublin-Portlaoise (1hr) route, the 8 hovercrafts have been in constant service since 1969. In 1993-1995, the 3 SI-H7.1s and the 5 SI-H7.2 Hovercrafts saw a refit to extend the life until 2010. In early 2009, Dublin Hoverways contacted Sarran HI to replace the SI.H7 with a newly designed hovercraft. The order was approved and work was begun by Sarran in early 2010 to build 11 new hovercrafts to meet the increased demand. After the 3rd SI.H9 was delivered, work was abruptly stopped in 2012 due to troubles at Sarran, which eventually led to bankruptcy. The three SI.H7.1 that served the DU-PL route were taken out of service and were replaced by two of the SI-N7.2, while the three new SI.H9 served on the DU-BR route. After restructuring and emerging from bankruptcy in late 2014, Sarran HI revisited the contract and resumed construction of the 10 remaining SI-H9 (Dublin Hoverways ordered 2 more with the new contract). Since early 2015, 2 more SI.H9s have been delivered, with the other 8 expected to be delivered before the second quarter of 2016.

The fate of 4 of the hovercrafts are known. An SI-H7.1 and SI-H7.2 will stay in Dublin to be incorporated into a new hovercraft museum, while another SI-H7.1 will be sent to Bristol. Finally, the last SI-H7.2 to be removed from service will be shipped to the Denton National Maritime Institute and Museum in St. Catherine. As for the rest, not much can be said, but Dublin Hoverways says they will stay in storage until 2019 and unless anymore organizations decide to pick one up, they will be sent to the scrappers.

SI-H7.1
Length: 130ft
Beam: 78ft
Height: 42ft
Cruise Speed: 45-60kts
Max Speed: 68kts
Endurance at Max Power: 4 hours
Passenger Capacity: 28 Cars
Vehicle Capacity: 242 Passengers

SI-H7.2
Length: 189.5ft
Beam: 78ft
Height: 42ft
Cruise Speed: 55-70kts
Max Speed: 83kts
Endurance at Max Power: 4 hours
Passenger Capacity: 62 Cars
Vehicle Capacity: 426 Passengers

Last edited by ezgo394 on May 1st, 2015, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: April 29th, 2015, 5:27 am
Very good designs, they have a British feel but also their own character.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: April 30th, 2015, 5:13 pm
Nice drawings. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: May 1st, 2015, 3:09 am
Thanks guys! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: May 17th, 2015, 2:57 am
First drawing on my new laptop!

[ img ]
Of course, it's a zeppelin :) .

Designated as ZRA-3, Heistand was laid down in 1923 in the newly built Hangar No.1 at Neuberlin and launched in 1925. When it was built, it was the largest airship in the world by volume, at a whopping 4,340,000 cubic feet. It was considered the most luxurious airship in the world, even after the Graf Zeppelin was built. It flew, worldwide, with popular destinations being NSWE, Rio de Janiero, Lakehurst, and Freidrichshafen. It made over 590 flights and flew just over 1,400,000 miles, being the first aircraft to pass the million mile mark (narrowly beating out the Graf Zeppelin). Even after the Hindenburg accident, Zeppelins were still popular with the Dentonites and trips were fairly regular until the war started. The last flight was in 1940 and it was stored in one of Neuberlin's hangars. It was finally scrapped in 1962.

Length: 713ft
Diameter: 117ft
Volume: 4,340,000 cubic feet
Speed: 64kts, cruise - 72kts, max
Propulsion: 5x Gondolas, w/ 600hp gasoline/blau-gas engines
Crew: 39
Passenger Capacity: 42
Useful lift: 156,500lbs

Several notes:
-There are two sets of cabins, a set in the gondola and a set inside the structure. The cabins in the gondola are considered more luxurious, as they offer wide views to the ground below.
-The kitchen is located inside the structure. It is slightly pressurized to prevent any Hydrogen from leaking in and is also lined with asbestos.
-There is a dining room on the starboard side and a lounge on the port side.
-The crew sleep inside the outer envelope, around the cabin structure.

~EZ

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: May 18th, 2015, 9:40 am
Looking nice, ezgo!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1631 »

Jump to: