Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 14th, 2012, 4:17 pm
Just my preference. I like movies with solid plots. It seems the newer film are merely collection of awsome special effects.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 14th, 2012, 6:01 pm
Rhade wrote:
Erusia Force wrote:
Oh you know it! whatever happened to quality movies ? Michael Bay already ruined Pearl Harbor, someone please take away his movie license.
You talking about men who create Bad Boys, Armageddon, The Rock, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and all Transformers boy ... show some respect.
Transformers - I had to scratch my head at that one.
They had to completely remake a franchise older than some of the people writing?

All the rest of them are movies I can care little about.
Here's what I think about the average Micheal Bay movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ssUivM-eM CLICK AT OWN RISK!
I can't find anything worthy of respecting Micheal Bay aside from the money he makes a studio.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 14th, 2012, 7:08 pm
Well he creates movies that maka a lots of lots of lots of money ... that shows what people thinks about his movies.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 14th, 2012, 7:43 pm
Carthaginian wrote:
Rhade wrote:
Erusia Force wrote:
Oh you know it! whatever happened to quality movies ? Michael Bay already ruined Pearl Harbor, someone please take away his movie license.
You talking about men who create Bad Boys, Armageddon, The Rock, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and all Transformers boy ... show some respect.
Transformers - I had to scratch my head at that one.
They had to completely remake a franchise older than some of the people writing?

All the rest of them are movies I can care little about.
Here's what I think about the average Micheal Bay movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ssUivM-eM CLICK AT OWN RISK!
I can't find anything worthy of respecting Micheal Bay aside from the money he makes a studio.
That reminds me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrhzmqShccM

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 14th, 2012, 10:12 pm
Erusia Force wrote:
Dude... that made it worth missing work today.

Rhade wrote:
Well he creates movies that maka a lots of lots of lots of money ... that shows what people thinks about his movies.
Yes, I watch many of them... Once.
I honestly can't think of but 4 Micheal Bay movies I/my wife own on DVD:
Transformers (mine, and the only one of the series I own)
Coyote Ugly (mine, wouldn't have bought it had it come out today)
Pearl Harbor (hers, have though of throwing away a couple of times)
Armageddon (hers, have though of throwing away a couple of times)

I can name a dozen John Ford movies, dozens of Stephen Spielberg movies, dozens of George Lucas movies, and many more movies that I own by many people who rely on better storytelling to sell their movies. These are movies I watch over and over and over... movies that will stand the test of time and outlive the next improvement in special effects.

But, as a 30-something, I guess I am rare... I still insist that the greatest movie of all time is How to Marry a Millionaire because it has three of the four hottest women of all time on screen at one time... it's only missing Bettie Page.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 14th, 2012, 10:44 pm
John Ford was an extraordinary storyteller and moviemaker. Submarine Patrol, Mister Roberts, Fort Apache, The Quiet Man, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Donovan's Reef, The Lost Patrol, Rio Grande, the list of his movies I have enjoyed just goes on and on...

You ever notice that in many of his movies there is always a character named "Quincannon"?

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 15th, 2012, 4:02 am
Who needs high tech missiles and fancy radars to defeat aliens when you can use 16inch Naval Rifles that were produced before the oldest cast members parents were even born. Literally the only reason I'm going to see this movie is because of the Iowa-class Battleship. Also, Carthaginian, that video made my *expletive deleted* day, funniest thing I have seen in a long time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 15th, 2012, 4:36 am
Could have had a cool movie about modern navies but of course we have to bring in aliens and stupid special effects.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 15th, 2012, 5:10 am
The problem is that there is no politically acceptable nation that has the potential of challenging the USN in near term(looking at you China...) to be the enemy fleet that needs to get blasted to bits by a 70 year old war-wagon. So they just pulled that old Alien-invaders card, yet again.

Also, why in the world are you guys talking about people as the main stars, that title goes to the ships, with the USS Missouri as the heavyweight champion. :p

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship the moviePosted: May 15th, 2012, 2:29 pm
Then make a superbly-accurate, sperg-detailed feature film about a specific naval battle of World War II. Make the story of the USS Houston CA-30 into a film on par with Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.

But they can't incorporate pop music, corporate advertising, and obvious merchandising stunts into that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: