Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 4:32 pm
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
Vossiej wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
That ship draws a good 125 feet. Good luck finding anywhere to dock it for either building, refits, or refueling.
It's being built out on the North Sea. Engeneers from over 32 countries all over the world are working on the ship and is expected to be finished in 20 years. Nearly all segments are pre-fab. It's is nuclear powered, and eventually self-sufficient in food, water and electricity production. All other supplies are either hoisted in on board from large freighters, or flown in by commercial jets.

Isn't the North Sea one of the most stormiest seas in the world? How would you be able to keep things from breaking apart?
Sail through the sea? :P
The biggest ship on earth did this to, it just went through the waves.
I assume this thing will do aswell, especially with such a high hull it would be possible.

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 4:32 pm
Vossiej wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
That ship draws a good 125 feet. Good luck finding anywhere to dock it for either building, refits, or refueling.
It's being built out on the North Sea. Engeneers from over 32 countries all over the world are working on the ship and is expected to be finished in 20 years. Nearly all segments are pre-fab. It's is nuclear powered, and eventually self-sufficient in food, water and electricity production. All other supplies are either hoisted in on board from large freighters, or flown in by commercial jets.

What happens when you need to repaint the hull?

<Snip Unfunny Joke>

But seriously. I doubt that the hull could even be built, and then stay in one piece. You're going to run into structural considerations (like the ship tearing itself apart when it tries to turn).

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 5:25 pm
Well, I see it as an interesting exercise in Shipbucket style as opposed to a...truly practical exercise in ship design ;)

[Profile]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 6:35 pm
Vossiej wrote:
Hi guys,
Im working on a project that will simply blow your mind. I have always wanted to design the largest ships imagenable, as you can see in some of my previous designs.
Hmmm, a pretty hard task
Before draw the biggest possible ships, draw the biggest real !

Cruise line
Oasis of the Sea (360 meters X 9,3 meters, 225 000 tons)
[ img ]

Very large tanker
Seawise Giant, later the Happy Giant, Jahre Viking, and Knock Nevis (458 meters X 24 meters, up to 600 000 tons)
[ img ]

[Profile]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
Isn't the North Sea one of the most stormiest seas in the world? How would you be able to keep things from breaking apart?
Yes it is!!

Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 6:40 pm
I tried doing Knock Nevis and gave up.

[Profile]
moxica
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 6:43 pm
I am very excited to see the end result in this drawing so please continue! Drawing huge things in shipbucket standard is really cool

[Profile]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 6:43 pm
and the Oasis of the Sea is just to bloody ugly to put so much work in.... I'd rather do the queen mary 2 or some other cunard ship then those floating piramids

[Profile]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 8:46 pm
I think in the old forum it was Vossiej himself who started on the Queen Mary 2

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Pushing shipbucket to the limits.Posted: October 5th, 2010, 8:53 pm
No I didn't, I can't remember that anyone started on the QM2 in the first place...

But don't worry my friends, I will certainly finish this ship! But I want an awesome level of detail, so it is gonna take a while...
In the mean time, I have another sneak previeuw for all of you:

[ img ][ img ]
The one is obvious the rear, featuring sea-side appartments and artificial gardens.
The other one shows somewhere midships where the control tower for the on-board airport is seen

Still lacking many details ofcourse, and again, all may change

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 2 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: