Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1936 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 24th, 2013, 8:58 pm
For drawing them as bellow deck parts, we need dimension and the pressure (PSI) they deliver, for turbines: the power!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 24th, 2013, 9:14 pm
the main problem with boilers and turbine is that they are mostly custom made. I have done research to quite a few steam boilers, but the fact is that you have to look up the sizes of the ship and design boilers that fit in her and fit her requirements. this is the reason there are none of these in the belowdeck sheets, although at least I have drawn some.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lurian
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 30th, 2013, 1:52 pm
Some components from my Monitor thread...

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 1:24 pm
a little from me: Rb.08 launcher from Smaland destroyer. Mounted on M/30 quintuple 533mm torpedo tube with two outer tubes removed.

[ img ]

Last edited by NickD on August 29th, 2013, 9:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 2:17 pm
The image doesn't show... dropbox doesn't work as it should anymore. Use Majhost instead. It's got an old-ish feeling to it, but it's reliable and doesn't come with any strings.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 2:49 pm
dropbox works fine if you began using it before they removed the public folder. so, this might just be an small error, not dropbox stopping to work.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 3:58 pm
looks like I have to make an tutorial for Dropbox...

- when posting and Dropbox picture. you must save it in the public folder in either you'r Dropbox map on you'r computer or at Dropbox.com

If you have the map on you'r computer:
- right click the drawing/IMG, and click "copy public link".

If you don't have the folder:

- go to Dropbox.com and log in.
- go to public folder (link)
- right click the IMG and click copy public link.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: August 29th, 2013, 12:11 am
acelanceloet wrote:
the main problem with boilers and turbine is that they are mostly custom made. I have done research to quite a few steam boilers, but the fact is that you have to look up the sizes of the ship and design boilers that fit in her and fit her requirements. this is the reason there are none of these in the belowdeck sheets, although at least I have drawn some.
There is some standardization of RN boilers I've noticed. The Cerberus shared identical boilers to many ships for example. Admittedly its very hard to keep track of which ship had what boilers and when they had thew

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: August 29th, 2013, 6:26 am
Rodondo wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
There is some standardization of RN boilers I've noticed. The Cerberus shared identical boilers to many ships for example. Admittedly its very hard to keep track of which ship had what boilers and when they had thew
correct. the type 12 series for example shared most of the powerplant, and if an old plant fitted an new ship, it was often reused.

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: August 29th, 2013, 9:09 am
is the picture is visible now? If not, i will try to other file sharing sites.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1936 »

Jump to: