Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: June 23rd, 2013, 4:50 pm
Rhade wrote:
Very nice.

But backstory of you ships start to remind a low budget karate film. Bang! one battleship sunk. Bang! second battleship sunk. Bang! Bang! Bang! whole battleships fleet sunk. BANG! whole continent sunk! There is no tragic end, only happy end for every ship with come back to port like hero and dead enemy ship bodies all over the place. :lol:

But then she was a giant, with giant guns.... :?

yeah! but i tried to give her something. Let us read this in a movie promotion voice: "One ship, 6 X 16.5" guns, a couple of old Chines Battleships... one the screen in April 1. 2014!)

... But she started with ranging in on them with around 60 shot, and when she first hit she was lucky, shot from her forward gun hit just bellow the forward main gun of one Chines ship. Here number two main gun, hit the second battleships in the superstructure, while the aft main gun managed to hit the last ship in the engine compartment, but that just after 60 shots to range in (10 Salvos * 6 gun barrels = 60 shot, even the British would laugh of that!)

if that is to much...

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: June 23rd, 2013, 5:22 pm
Apology Shipmate: Mea Culpa. I should have said why I preferred the smaller ships, just bias I reckon; and, I esteem your designs as being some of the best around here - they have the extra bit of style, married to realistic proportions. So, the cruiser? It just looks a bit fussy to me; though, the Royal is a very nice design :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: June 25th, 2013, 11:32 am
Quote:
Hood
thank you, I have always tried to have my own style, some time it work perfect, other times... Those drawings have I never posted here, if I did I would look like a noob! :lol:

[ img ]

Short described: She is an enlarged monitor, that are closer to an Coastal defense ship than a monitor, but she have a lot of things from a monitor: big guns on small hull, create armor, slow speed... sea capability of an Ocean capable Coastal defense ship!

Last edited by heuhen on June 26th, 2013, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: June 25th, 2013, 11:44 am
Your back story for the Royal reminds me a bit of the song 'The Royal Oak' http://lyrics.wikia.com/Tony_Rose:The_Royal_Oak

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: June 25th, 2013, 12:21 pm
Oh i like this one, very. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: June 25th, 2013, 4:30 pm
Nice work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: June 26th, 2013, 10:40 am
Thank you boys!

I have updated the post a bit:
- putted the drawing on a template
- added some small details.

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: July 6th, 2013, 12:31 pm
I would post my AU on shipbucket but I'm slightly afraid that I'd be ridiculed for my designs not meeting Ship Bucket standards.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: July 6th, 2013, 12:55 pm
In general thumprule for posting here in the AU forum is that as long as your drawings are up to shipbucket standards dwaring-vice, then be afraid not to post them here. 100% of AU scenarios are unrealistic, thats the whole point of Alternative universe projects. Don't be too fixed on getting your ships beign 100% plausible either. Even in real life ships which takes the workload of hundreds of people still might end up finishing bad.

If you feel that your drawing skills aren't yet in shipbucket standards, theres always the beginers forum where I hope other members will help you on to developing the skills. Just try to filter it from the big pile of self-boasting and snobing which unfortunately takes place in the beginers forum instead of actually helping the new commers.

Golly

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: CaledoniaPosted: July 6th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
In general thumprule for posting here in the AU forum is that as long as your drawings are up to shipbucket standards dwaring-vice, then be afraid not to post them here. 100% of AU scenarios are unrealistic, thats the whole point of Alternative universe projects. Don't be too fixed on getting your ships beign 100% plausible either. Even in real life ships which takes the workload of hundreds of people still might end up finishing bad.

If you feel that your drawing skills aren't yet in shipbucket standards, theres always the beginers forum where I hope other members will help you on to developing the skills. Just try to filter it from the big pile of self-boasting and snobing which unfortunately takes place in the beginers forum instead of actually helping the new commers.

Golly
my main problem is people on here tell me I draw my funnels too big or too tall, and that is kind of part of my personal drawing style that makes my ships stand out from the rest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: