Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 100  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14100 »
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 2:46 pm
TridentDwarfman wrote:
DarthPanda, are you going to be finishing out the WW2 USN Submarine Fleet by chance, as I'm trying, thanks to you and Colloseum, and others, to making a chart of those submarines involved during the war. But I appreciate what fantastic work you do, as I'd love to do some of these myself, only I haven't access to Blueprints, Drawings to scale properly, especially the upper superstructure, scopes, radars, snorkels and such. But I love what you've already done, and if you know anyone else who have worked on USN Subs of WW2 Vintage, please feel free to let me know who they are, would you. Thank you. TridentDwarfman
I think I am only going to do Balao class and do a WW2 version of Trench class, I drew the Guppy Trench class some time ago, I still have to Un-guppy her.

I am happy to provide you with reverance drawings. I got the next blueprints drawings of WW2 US Submarines:
SS78 R-Class
SS163 Barracuda
SS164 Bass
SS169 Dolphin
SS172 Porpoise
SS182 Salmon
SS205 Marlin

Do you use Amule or Emule? seach for Naval Institue, there you can download the book:

Naval Institute - An Illustrated Design History of U.S. Submarines Through 1945 - Norman Friedman

unforturnlly the book is not compleet.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 5:37 pm
darthpanda wrote:
[ img ]
Last submarine of this year, I am going back to finish my Battleships!
Might want to have a look at modifying these to represent the Peruvian clones - the US built some - don't recall the name - in the 1950s on Peruvian order. I think one's a museum ship in Callao now.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 5:48 pm
BrockPaine wrote:
darthpanda wrote:
[ img ]
Might want to have a look at modifying these to represent the Peruvian clones - the US built some - don't recall the name - in the 1950s on Peruvian order. I think one's a museum ship in Callao now.
That's correct: BAP ABTAO (SS-42) Commissione at:1 February 1954 and build at USA in Electric Boat Division, General Dynamics Corporation, Groton, Connecticut.

[Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 5:52 pm
BrockPaine wrote:
darthpanda wrote:
[ img ]
Go ahead! :lol:

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 6:25 pm
Oh, I was suggesting you do it. :P But I suppose I can find some info and stab it until it bleeds.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 9:42 pm
For greater glory of Tsar Putin we present:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 18th, 2010, 10:22 pm
Colombamike wrote:
Borei, hmmm...
I think that this ship has already drawn (re-drawn) even severals times by Crazyhorse :roll:
Crazyhorse has been informed. I haven't heard back from him yet, but considering the differences between that picture (and the incredibly archaic one in the archive) and mine, and our previous interactions, I have no reason to believe he'll object to this.
If he does I'll remove it from the forum.

Note that I haven't put his name on it simply because I didn't consider there to be anything salvagable from the old drawing. The differences really are that big.

Edit: Was in contact with Crazyhorse, and he had absolutely no objections to me posting my version.

[Profile] [Quote]
TridentDwarfman
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: December 20th, 2010, 10:10 am
Darthpanda, I never thought you were getting your material from the Naval Institude, especially from Norman Friedman's material. I am a Life Member of the Naval Institude, and have prefered Norman Polmar's work, as his material was as close to the Yard Drawings as one could get. Shipyard construction drawings, I possibly thought you were getting your material from, as most of these drawings travel with each Diesel Submarine that got sold and exported to other countries, which you never know where a set of original construction blueprints will pop up from time to time. But as my nickname states, I worked around some large boats, took care of their facilities, and got to know allot about the other boats that sailed along side these boats from members of the Diesel, or Nuclear Fleet. I had 20 years of being around those boats, and cried everytime they decommissioned them for scrapping out. I enjoyed many visits from other navies that visited our bases that I worked at, and had enjoyable encounters with the Offiers and Crews of these Submarines of Asia, South America, NATO, Former Soviet Eastern Block Countries, Russia, as they must of been totally shocked to see me standing at their brows requesting permission to come aboard, as of my height. Alright, get those converters out, as I'm old school, not metric still, so whatever 4'6" is, that's what was normally knocking on their brows OK, lol. I loved what I did, and I would like to thank all of you for helping me with getting my mind off of my pain, as I crushed my spine in '02, which today, I live in constant pain. I was a AutoCAD Artist, Tech Illustrator, Tech Engineer, which I self taught myself the use of the program from the first versions of it back in the early 80's to AutoCAD 2000. So Microsoft Paint has been a pain to get use to, it's simple, especially with two pixels equaling a foot, which drives me nuts, but after you get over simple details, it gets to be enjoyable.
Darthpanda, if you possibly could contact me, or post what you have for reference material on, SS-78 R-Class (R-1 SS-78, R-8 SS-85, R-20 SS-97, R-27 SS-104), SS-163 Barracuda (V-1), SS-164 Bass (V-3), SS-169 Dolphin (V-7), SS-172 Porpoise, SS-182 Salmon, SS-205 Marlin, I would be greatful. Allot of this material, especially good detailed drawings and photo's don't exist like it use to, so finding something with enough detail to draw from is a blessing from time to time.
Thank you all for this fun medium which you've opened up for me.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 8:07 am
I made this during the long hours of waiting and worrying, just something to take my mind off.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 100  [ 999 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14100 »

Jump to: