Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1050 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 21st, 2013, 2:30 pm
Amazing work on B16 night' amazing job.

Only colours no logo or company name on hull Timothy ?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 21st, 2013, 2:51 pm
That's right. IIP&O does not put their name on their aircraft. It is missing a hull number/code, but I'm waiting on Voyager to approve one.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 21st, 2013, 4:40 pm
Nice additions.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 21st, 2013, 4:54 pm
They aren't done yet, Rhade, that's just a WIP I posted before realizing some minor issues with the AC.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 21st, 2013, 6:14 pm
In 1934 in response to the lack of popularity of their Model 247, Boeing proposed a bomber version, known as the Model 249/YB-16, to the US Army Air Corps. The USAAC loved the Idea of a light/medium bomber to replace the already outdated Martin B-10s. Boeing then produced the B-16 Flying Citadel, out of their Redmond, Washington plant. The first squadrons to receive the new bombers were the 17th and 47th Bombardment Groups, stationed at McChord Army Air Field, Washington. Boeing also marketed their new bombers to several other countries and found buyers in the Spanish Republic, who desperately needed "modern" bombers in their civil war, and after the success of the type in the SCW, Poland, China and Finland made purchases of the bombers. The Polish Company PZL even obtained a license to build the bomber for Poland, but only a little more than 15 were produced by the start of WW2, and none of the Polish models survive today. In early 1940 the RAF was also desperate for bombers from the US and ordered a modified design called the Redmond, in honor of the main plant where they were being produced. It featured a slightly different turret, and .303 cal machine guns instead of the US .30 cal machine guns. In late 1940 Boeing released the B-16C, with newer engines, a newer turret and moved forward, .50 cal machine guns, as well more of them learned from lessons thus learned in WW2. These would be the last model of the B-16s produced for the USAAC/F as Boeing was ordered to drop the development in favor of developing better B-17s, which were needed in Europe. USAAF B-16s saw service in all theaters of the war, from the Attack on Pearl Harbor to the Fall of Nazi Germany. They were hastily retired after the war as they were no longer needed, most were sold off to "Banana Republics", or scrapped.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 21st, 2013, 8:04 pm
Here is the Daumann Da-128 in Rheinland Kaiserlichen Fluglinen Pre-Gallic war scheme.

The Daumann Da-128 was designed in the late 1920s mainly for export but Rheinland Kaiserlichen Fluglinen liked it so bought 20 of them for use in Africa and Asia. the served until the 50's when replaced with more modern bush aircraft.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 22nd, 2013, 7:23 am
Nice additions. :)

@Nighthunter - That Polish one made me bit lol. ;) Btw. what about drawing actual B-16? (design by Martin) ;)

@APDAF - Looks familiar. Seems You've developed a penchant for adapting my drawings. :lol:
Well, at least it's nicely done and properly credited. :)
But I'd have the strut under the horizontal stabilizer either wholly white, or perhaps green, but not with stripes like on the fuselage behind it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 22nd, 2013, 8:46 am
The B-16 is a great idea and looks good. Nice export variants too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 26th, 2013, 7:49 pm
Here is a possible a very bad WIP of my Vickers-Kreigscraft Vk-3 Valkyrie.
I know it looks like a brick, I need a hand with this.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: May 26th, 2013, 8:00 pm
first time for me to see an airplane from that era with a superstructure...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1050 »

Jump to: