Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1836 »
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: April 19th, 2013, 12:59 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
the only one missing now from the USN GMLS's is the Mk 8 of the USS gyatt...... which I will try to but most likely never find the sources for.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Perspective cutaway rendering of the Terrier MK8 missile launching system as installed aboard the USS Gyatt DDG1
[ img ]

not fully sure but very likley the Mk8
[ img ]
(I think that this launcher was onboard the USS GYATT simply becauce the beam of the ship look small compared to the launcher. The beam of the Gearing's and the US heavy cruiser are not the same...)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: April 19th, 2013, 10:04 pm
one happy announcement here: I completed all the US GMLS systems ever shipped on ships, except for decoy launchers. (which use the same Mk-## notation sometimes) thank you for all the people who have helped me drawing or reseraching these systems.

I have also slightly modified the first post to make it a bit easier to navigate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: April 20th, 2013, 3:01 am
This is all around superb! Fantastic job!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 11:02 pm
Ace, Im going to PM you a corrected version of Yamato's 460mm turrets. Along with some other things.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 2nd, 2013, 10:50 am
I think I need to do an adjustment to the 5" drawing, I need to show the lift for the lower magazine... Or will you just add it fast in to the drawing?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 15th, 2013, 6:46 am
Here is the Northrop Grumman Eject Launch Module, which fits in the same space as an 8-cell Mk. 41 VLS. The drawing is modified from the 8-cell Mk. 41 VLS.
[ img ]
[ img ]
Illustration linked from www.northropgrumman.com)
Compatible Missiles:
  • Standard Missile 3
    Standard Missile 6
    Unmanned Air Vehicle
    Next Generation Aegis Missile
More information on this system can be found in this .pdf.

Last edited by Judah14 on May 15th, 2013, 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:28 am
I had the idea that this launcher is angled in two directions, not only forward, but also out. the tubes look also not entirely round.... may I do some modifications or do you want to do them yourself, Judah?

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 15th, 2013, 8:05 am
acelanceloet wrote:
I had the idea that this launcher is angled in two directions, not only forward, but also out. the tubes look also not entirely round.... may I do some modifications or do you want to do them yourself, Judah?
If you look closely at the cell covers on the original drawing (the one from Northrop Grumman), you would notice that the VLS cells are angled towards the port and starboard sides of the ship. The VLS cells on the Eject Launch Module are angled outward only, not forward. The Modular Launch System (from the same .pdf) has cells that are angled forward. If you think the canisters I drew are not completely round, you could change them.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 15th, 2013, 8:22 am
Judah14 wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
If you look closely at the cell covers on the original drawing (the one from Northrop Grumman), you would notice that the VLS cells are angled towards the port and starboard sides of the ship. The VLS cells on the Eject Launch Module are angled outward only, not forward. The Modular Launch System (from the same .pdf) has cells that are angled forward.
ah, I see, that puzzled me then.
I would still like to see the drawing a bit changed though, defining the construction and the tubes (you now have some mix of both) and the tubes separated by black lines (you did that now on only one of them) and some shading to show the tubes are round, and not square as in the Mk 41. also, the black blob hatch in the front view would have some use for an grey pixel between the hatches, as on my Mk 41. those were the changes I myself would make, if you don't want to do it yourself ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 24th, 2013, 8:53 pm
how about some marine boilers and steam engines

a scotch marine boiler
[ img ]

a Yarrow marine boiler
[ img ]

a Triple expasion steam engine(not sure if the one in the pic is marine or not)
[ img ]

a parson marine steam turbine
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1836 »

Jump to: