Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
PhilippineNavy
Post subject: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 1:27 am
Phase I refit-
The vessel's Phase I refit will improve the vessels service capability for about 10 years more. The vessels interior structure will be improved to provide more space to increase the vessels capability in holding more cargos and armaments.This refit will solve the vessels lightweight problem.

Phase II refit-
The mast can be replaced with the lighter and more reliable composite mast for holding the ships vital parts and radars. Aging propulsions can be replaced by a CODAG system. Replace the propellers with the controllable pitch ones and install a bow thruster to provide more maneuverability for the vessel.

Phase III refit-
The final refit will improve the vessel's armaments and radars. The 3"50 caliber guns will be replaced by the M242 25mm cannon while the front 3"50 will be replaced by a Oto Melara 76mm gun guided by a Mk.92 FCS. AN/SPS-67 surface search radar, sonars, and AN/SPS-49 air search radar will replace the aging radars.
Harpoon missile and a Mk13 twin arm launcher can be installed in the aft where once the depth charge racks were once placed. Mk13 is a reliable one and US retired this launchers and i hope they can give one to us.

This what PF-11 will look after refit
[ img ]

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/Ruzze ... sort=3&o=0

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 1:33 am
...oh My Lordy. I'm sorry, but this is way to ambitious upon every conceivable level for that hull. There is no way a Mk 13 could be fitted there. There is no way that mast would be fitted there. You would need to scale it back a lot.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 1:35 am
Truly incredible.

You just made a ship more overloaded than the Israeli missile boats.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 2:02 am
I'm moving this to the beginner's forum.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 3:29 am
You could put a RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile on the ship instead of the Mk. 13 (which would not fit due to deck penetration). However, I don't think all this would be necessary for this old World War 2 era ship, which needs replacement. The PN is already canvassing for newer ships, recently considering a frigate from South Korea.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 7:37 am
And all of it on a hull that's 70 years old... :?

Mk13 can't be fitted there - it just takes too much space belowdeck, mast with its weigth would probably capsize the ship, all these optically guided 20mm AAA's of WW2 vintage are just redundant, esp. if You have Phalanx and those more modern guns added (what they are? 25mm?).
Not mentioning that significant modernization of Cannon class could have some sense some 30 years ago (and not to such extent as here), but today, even if it was in best possible condition, it would be a waste of money. :(

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 7:47 am
Judah14 already mentioned they were getting a South Korean frigate. We're selling an old Hamilton hull or two to replace their ancient Cannons as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 8:17 am
The reason why the Philippine Navy will buy a frigate from South Korea is because the Italian Maestrale Class frigates previously considered for purchase are secondhand while the Korean frigate (Incheon Class) would be brand new.
http://www.interaksyon.com/article/5567 ... d-official

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 8:54 am
Colosseum wrote:
Truly incredible.

You just made a ship more overloaded than the Israeli missile boats.
Nah just respect someone's incredible sence of imagination - Something like this, no one ever come up with :D

[Quote]
PhilippineNavy
Post subject: Re: BRP Rajah Humabon(PF-11) RefurbishmentPosted: April 1st, 2013, 9:05 am
Im really sorry........

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: