Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 12th, 2013, 2:55 pm
Well, if we're just theoretically discussing a what-if scenario, then assuming that Philippines would avoid two decades of kleptocratic Marcos regime but instead followed path more similar to Taiwan or South Korea, then idea of such fleet would be just somewhat optimistic, rather than utterly laughable (like it is in real life).

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 12th, 2013, 4:41 pm
Rhade wrote:
What about frogs Mistral class ? Not true carrier but similar to Wasp class
odysseus1980 wrote:
What about a variant of Guiseppe Garibaldi?
Both vessels are actually quite a bit larger than the length he's looking for and due to hangar space and other facilities also a good deal larger than what he's probably looking for, tonnage-wise. USS Wasp herself is something like 15-20% longer than her namesake WWII carrier.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 6:11 am
I thought about a what-if scenario like eswube said above,to give ideas to our mate,thats all.He will decide what to do.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 7:45 am
Indeed, we don't know if this is pure SF or more real scenario.
klagldsf wrote:
Both vessels are actually quite a bit larger than the length he's looking for and due to hangar space and other facilities also a good deal larger than what he's probably looking for, tonnage-wise. USS Wasp herself is something like 15-20% longer than her namesake WWII carrier.
Only couple of meters. ;) It's hard to find any suitable ship under 190m, I maybe wrong ... but there is none ?

[Profile] [Quote]
PhilippineNavy
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:02 am
It is to be designated as an "air strike platform", acting like a small airbase that will be used in air strikes. It can carry aviation fuels for the aircrafts engaged in airstrike to refuel and ammos for reloading. It can also carry utility helicopters and a C-130 heavy lift aircraft for ground assaults that will assist the air strike.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:04 am
wait what? C-130 on 190 meters? an air strike platform?
NO WAY you are getting that on board on a ship that size.

[Profile] [Quote]
PhilippineNavy
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:24 am
no!!!i want it to be 250 meters long...

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:46 am
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/garibaldi/
http://www.aircraftcarrier.name/italy/index.html

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 8:49 am
PhilippineNavy wrote:
Can you draw me an aircraft carrier less than 190 meters armed with 4 Oto Melara 76mm compact guns, Bofors 40mm guns, Stinger or SeaCat missiles???Please! :lol:
You first said 190 carrier not 250m "platform". It will be a nice thing if you know what you want a first place not jumping from idea to idea.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Aircraft carrier Design Philippine NavyPosted: March 13th, 2013, 9:13 am
The Garibaldi is 180m and very well armed.Perhaps you could replace the front Mk29/Albatros with an Oto Melara 76mm and you have a very effective aircraft carrier for your needs (also "as is" is very good,but you said that you want 76mm cannon).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: