Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 835 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 9:32 am
Hood wrote:
Personally I find national sheets easier to use and find stuff than megalists. If I want a particular British gun or an American missile I don't neccessarily want to trawl through 800 guns just to find what I want. I doubt if we've even half of the possible marks of guns, differing shields and mounts etc. Smaller states of course wouldn't justify a national sheet but certainly the Superpowers do just for the size they can be alone.

The other benefit of national sheets, and what I loved in partciular about Erik_T's excellent US sheet was that the directors can be shown too. Nothing winds me up worse than some joker who puts random radars all over the place. That's a bigger problem than hull penetration given the increasing types of FC radars since the 50s.

I think the idea of deck penetration is useful but really without 100% exact data its pretty meaningless and folks should be working out for themselves what can be done. I can see Eriks arguements but the crazy kitbash brigade still won't take much notice and we'll forever be dogged by pixel issues as members fight over whose counting is the most accurate.

There are pro's and con's in both ways. I orginally thougth of having the directors also shown, but space and the fact that many of the guns actually operated with various kinds of directors easily made it impossible. Making Nationwide would be (as mentioned) good for superpowers, USN, RN, VMF and RM certainly would fill a sheet, with Japanese and German not farbehind...but then there would still be the odd weapons from little nations and stuff like that.
Personally I cannot relate to "jokers" who place stuff where they want, so I don't know how to appease or teach them properly, but perhaps Im too "old school bucketeer" from the times when those who draw also knew what they were supposedly doing, we didn't came here to learn about ships :twisted:

But time have indeed passed by

Also, Im intended NOT to have these to turn into megalists, I agree wholeheartly that they are no good and use. Thatst why I want them to remain as small as possible. If we cannot prevent that, then we have to choose some other method.
Ace, your current sheet is in "mega" cathegory (and without too much of anger), they still lack some guns. Did You notice the little sheet over Bofors guns I posted here?
I try to put out some more guns myself as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 9:39 am
that is becomming an problem. I am fixing it with the bofors and french guns right now, but I still think a lot is still missing. but even if this was all, the sheet would still become way too big. that means: maybe we need to split it a few times. what would be the best: split it in nations/manufacturers of in barrel size or something?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 11:19 am
well the sheet its partially supposed to be replacing contained lot more guns :) You just need to squeeze things a bit...
Perhaps now you relate to my wish to keep everything simple :mrgreen:

Give it your best shot. And if its still too big, I try to do my own tricks, and if we still lack behind, then we decide something else.
But Accordingly to my orginal idea, keep everything bellow 57mm out of this sheet and place them in seperate AA gun sheet. There really isen't need for keeping DP guns mixed with pure AA

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 11:29 am
ok.... for now I will keep them in (just doing one large one, until I have everything) and then I will split it with the small guns out. I will post an new sheet today, with already a lot more stuff in, but my knowledge isn't that great that I can find everything myself. so can some people please submit some stuff into this thread?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 11:36 am
[ img ]
the new sheet (faster then expected)
this is only an worksheet for me, things like the gun manfacturers and so on will be in the name for the final sheet instead in blocks, and small guns will be splitted off. red line at the monarc mount is no longer needed, as I have redrawn it, but forgot to remove it.
comments, corrections and additions are aprricated, as well as the names of the manufacturers of the guns which I haven't labeled with one.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 12:04 pm
You don't need both the new 57mm Bofors and the old obsolete drawing.

I try to post a bit polish version of the TAK-120 also...

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 12:05 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
MitcheLL300 wrote:
You dont got them all.
You miss a lot of guns on that sheet for post ww2.
Also the more stealthy 4.5'' british gun.
well, show me which one I miss then! Bloody hell ! make comments like that without doing work on this yourself -.-

So since when do we ''the community'' do not help each other AND NOT PUT EFFORT IN IT? :evil:
How you dare to say that?
I am bizzy with my work all day long, for the next 3 weeks in my holidays.
I got no sence of feeling to work on part sheets or search for you.
I dont even know the names, but i remember the turrets in my head as a picture.
Go search it up in wikipedia, there are a lot.

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 12:08 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
MitcheLL300 wrote:
You dont got them all.
Also the more stealthy 4.5'' british gun.
well, show me which one I miss then! Bloody hell ! make comments like that without doing work on this yourself -.-

So since when do we ''the community'' do not help each other AND NOT PUT EFFORT IN IT? :evil:
LISTEN. it was not about what you said, but about the way you said it. if you would actually say something usefull, then it would be no problem. but all you said were things I already knew.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 1:57 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
-SNIP-
the new sheet (faster then expected)
this is only an worksheet for me, things like the gun manfacturers and so on will be in the name for the final sheet instead in blocks, and small guns will be splitted off. red line at the monarc mount is no longer needed, as I have redrawn it, but forgot to remove it.
comments, corrections and additions are aprricated, as well as the names of the manufacturers of the guns which I haven't labeled with one.
I've got a set of upgraded Phalanx drawings at home. They're not mine, but they'll fit nicely on this sheet. I'll upload em tonight.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 21st, 2010, 2:04 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
MitcheLL300 wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
quote="MitcheLL300"You dont got them all.
Also the more stealthy 4.5'' british gun./quote

LISTEN. it was not about what you said, but about the way you said it. if you would actually say something usefull, then it would be no problem. but all you said were things I already knew.
No need to get snippy Ace.
ALSO, no need to point out the obvious without helping, Mitch.

Let's keep it civil gentlemen.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 835 »

Jump to: