Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
didibii
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: August 4th, 2010, 2:33 am
Yea i know.
I was just stating some stuff, ha i think i should do Au.

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: August 4th, 2010, 2:56 am
The main reason I'm using 'guns'(They're EMRGs) is because this is a NS nation, and mixing in gun battles into naval conflicts are more interesting than just more missile spam.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: December 13th, 2010, 10:15 am
Inspired by the interest in small subs, I think it's time I do an update for Belkaland's subs.

[ img ]
Advanced Export Subs, top two are normal SSKs and the bottom two are AIP subs.(Please note this image will change as I add to the FEU Series and upload them as Majhost saves over the former image with the same filename)

[ img ]
An experimental sub with double pressure hulls, like the Russians, and a Low-Dome Sail, as shown on several concepts by Northrup-Grumman.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

Last edited by Demon Lord Razgriz on December 13th, 2010, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: December 13th, 2010, 7:26 pm
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
[ img ]
An experimental sub with double pressure hulls, like the Russians, and a Low-Dome Sail, as shown on several concepts by Northrup-Grumman.
Wow. You've put the torpedo tubes in absolutely the very last place they should be: Now their irregularity can disrupt the flow of water over BOTH sonar arrays!

Ditch the forward mounted torpedo tubes, make them fire out of the sides, at an angle: Most modern designs do this. This has the added bonus that your entire bow can now house on big sonar array, rather than two small ones. And the water flow over the array will be unimpeded and laminar, giving you the best possible result.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: December 13th, 2010, 8:43 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
Wow. You've put the torpedo tubes in absolutely the very last place they should be: Now their irregularity can disrupt the flow of water over BOTH sonar arrays!

Ditch the forward mounted torpedo tubes, make them fire out of the sides, at an angle: Most modern designs do this. This has the added bonus that your entire bow can now house on big sonar array, rather than two small ones. And the water flow over the array will be unimpeded and laminar, giving you the best possible result.
That solves another problem. The ships obviously has two pressure hulls with the VLS between them. The center torpedo tubes wouldn't tie into either hull and thus couldn't be reloaded.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: December 13th, 2010, 11:24 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
[ img ]

Then could you draw the TTs for it? Cause I can't without them looking like crap.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: December 14th, 2010, 12:15 am
Here's my suggestion:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: December 14th, 2010, 2:07 am
klagldsf wrote:
Here's my suggestion:

[ img ]
That works! Thanks :D

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: January 5th, 2011, 6:52 am
Bit of a crossover with MidnightNova's Dreieinig Reichstaat on SMS, the Hoffnung-class Hospital Ship. Designed to roam from nation to nation providing medical assistance to those lacking proper medical facilities for months on end, the twin vessels are a joint venture between Belkaland & Dreieinig Reichstaat. Named Hoffnung(Hope) & Erlösung(Salvation), the two Hospital ships were helped paid for by fundraisers & donations. Though I doubt that would have made any real dent in the cost.

The Erlösung uses the traditional Red Cross, while the Hoffnung uses the Symbol of the main religion in Belkaland, the Scythe of Ceres.

[ img ]

Used Vossiej's awesome support ship as a base, I've had this for awhile, just nothing to use it for.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: January 13th, 2011, 9:46 pm
"An experimental sub with double pressure hulls, like the Russians, and a Low-Dome Sail, as shown on several concepts by Northrup-Grumman."

This is original! Seems similar to the designs the USN was playing around with before the economy bottomed out.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: