Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 43 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 141 42 43 44 4554 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 9:09 am
Blackbuck wrote:
Also I don't know if you can see them easily but there are other EO apertures both on the dorsal spine and in the tail structure providing some 540 degress of overlapping coverage in the horizontal plane with the dorsal one being mounted in a rotating gimbal for free travel around the vertical plane not visible is the one on the underside using the same idea as the dorsal gimbal.
Tricky, I like it. :D

With all this mods and updates, production costs will be... ?

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 9:27 am
Pretty damn expensive I'd imagine with roughly 70-90 being produced in total the same as the original design I put in here a while back. I'd imagine somewhere in the region of £90-115M per aircraft...

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 9:36 am
A lot of money, this one program would be the biggest money eater in history of Atlantian Air Force I suppose.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 9:54 am
So, as some, or none of you might know, my dad is a model railroader. His "AU" railroad is called the Olympic Northern Railroad. Anyway, my dad bought an 1/144 scale DC-3 and was going to make it his railroad's president's aircraft. Well, this inspired me to create an airline based from his railroad. The history of the airline starts in 1949, after an airman comes home after the war, and buys a few surplus Boeing 247s and C-47/DC-3s and starts up an airline, based out of the Pacific Northwest he names it Olympic Northern Airlines. His airline grows to be a competition to Alaska Airlines.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 9:58 am
They are looking good, war DC is probably still flying in some parts of Alaska. ;)

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 10:01 am
Rhade, what?

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 10:12 am
DC-3 which fly in WWII are still in service on Alaska, I imagine that Olympic DC's are still in service in remote areas of this beautiful land. :D

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 10:19 am
Ah, okay, yep, it's possible.

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 11:37 am
Rhade wrote:
A lot of money, this one program would be the biggest money eater in history of Atlantian Air Force I suppose.
One of them, by 2025 there should be a pair of Gen.5 aircraft in service in the fighter/attack role as well as a penetrator so there's still more expenditures to come! The way I see it is considering Atlantia's position in the midst of things they're a necessary evil.

@ Nighthunter, your dad is awesome then! I'm finally getting to a point where I'll be able to actually start mine off in the near future in a spare room.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 6:24 pm
Blackbuck, my dad's layout takes up almost the entire basement, lol. I ran the designs by him first, so he had final say.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 43 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 141 42 43 44 4554 »

Jump to: