Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 20th, 2012, 3:38 pm
:shock:

i don't know what to say, the drawings speak for themselves

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 20th, 2012, 3:50 pm
Absolutely fantastic work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 20th, 2012, 4:35 pm
Alvama outdoes us all...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 20th, 2012, 6:09 pm
I told You Guys to be prepared... And He's not done yet. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 20th, 2012, 6:11 pm
ALVAMA, you know what I am saying!
eswube wrote:
I told You Guys to be prepared... And He's not done yet. 8-)
Oh just wait for it, I have seen a lot of his WIP's even some he even haven't shown us yet!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 20th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Holy... moly. That's pretty amazing! :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 1:53 am
Sweet Jesus!

Unbelievable complexity at this scale level of sea going behemoths.

Congrats on your work.

[Profile] [Quote]
rd77
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 8:13 am
That is just amazing work ALVAMA! I was lucky enough to attend the launch of the OLEG STRASHNOV at the IHC Krimpen yard back in August '09. It was spectacular!

For those not familiar with these vessels: The SEVEN BOREALIS was ordered on June 27, 2007 by Nordic Heavy Lift (NHL) as the pure crane vessel BOREALIS (bottom drawing of the three). She was built by the Sembawang yard in Singapore, with the construction of the hull subcontracted to the Nantong Yahua Shipyard in China. In addition, many important components are sourced from Dutch suppliers. For example, the massive crane was built by Huisman-Itrec of Schiedam, Netherlands. In December '09, NHL was forced to sell the unfinished vessel due to financial difficulties. The buyer was Acergy Offshore (former Stolt Offshore). This company ordered massive changes to the vessel, the most apparent being the addition of a 1,000 tonne J-Lay tower for pipelaying (middle drawing of the three). In June 2010, Acergy Offshore merged with Subsea 7 to form Subsea 7 SA (my next-door neighbours in my new office building). So, finally the vessel was completed as the SEVEN BOREALIS and arrived in the Netherlands for final outfitting of several imporant parts in April 2012.

The OLEG STRASHNOV is all Dutch-built and the owner (Seaway Heavy Lift) is headquartered in the Netherlands as well, although I suspect that that is because of tax reasons, as the owners are Russian apparently (hence the name of the vessel).

I got all this from an article in the latest edition of the magazine of my local branch of the World Ship Society. Great stuff! (ALVAMA, if you want a scan of the article, let me know).

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 1:14 pm
Oh thanks a lot rd77!!! I was not at the launch moment, but a few days before when I visited it! It would be great if you can scan it and send by email!!!!!!!

DUTCH EQUIP!! DUTCH PRIDE!!

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Heavy Lift - Salvage and Offshore shipsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 4:19 pm
Part 2!

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by ALVAMA on November 21st, 2012, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: