Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 23  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 523 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 14th, 2012, 8:53 pm
If that model is to be believed, those panels look like they've got about one foot of separation! Let's not forget that model companies are subject to the same inaccuracies and "detail freaking" that we are!
Quote:
It give the ship more life than just the Badly detailing and boring
If you guys are so unimpressed with the Shipbucket style, then go and draw in some other style. We have established rules and precedents here for a reason. Cramming detail just for the sake of detail is stupid. I'm tired of hearing this argument that we somehow have a boring and bland style of drawing; if it was really so bad, you guys wouldn't be here!

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 14th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Rules can be bent you know, we do it all the time and more often than not we don't know we are doing it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 14th, 2012, 9:43 pm
APDAF wrote:
Rules can be bent you know, we do it all the time and more often than not we don't know we are doing it.
Ignorance isn't an excuse, though I'm not surprised you think so.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 14th, 2012, 10:14 pm
I think it is more important to add things like coolwater inlets and the completely correct shape of bilge keels and propellers to the ship, instead of plating. do you have sources for those? then we can talk :P
note that I am known to be rather extreme in that case of detailing, btw

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 14th, 2012, 11:55 pm
Colosseum wrote:
If that model is to be believed, those panels look like they've got about one foot of separation! Let's not forget that model companies are subject to the same inaccuracies and "detail freaking" that we are!
Quote:
If you guys are so unimpressed with the Shipbucket style, then go and draw in some other style. We have established rules and precedents here for a reason. Cramming detail just for the sake of detail is stupid. I'm tired of hearing this argument that we somehow have a boring and bland style of drawing; if it was really so bad, you guys wouldn't be here!
Not arguing with you, just though that the details were necessary and the have been removed. The picture of the model is the best image I have of several sources, model and graphic, that were making a big deal of the features. As stated, will remove.
acelanceloet wrote:
I think it is more important to add things like coolwater inlets and the completely correct shape of bilge keels and propellers to the ship, instead of plating. do you have sources for those? then we can talk :P
note that I am known to be rather extreme in that case of detailing, btw
Here you go, what I have been using for props and Keel. Note the lack of detail on inlets, none of the main sources I have show any indication.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 15th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Main image updated.

As for artistic, it would look like this:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 15th, 2012, 8:52 pm
if you are done, I expect the belowdeck parts of all systems you have accurate sources for (engines, guns, etc) separate in the belowdeck parts thread, as I see you have the ones for the main turret here. :P
other then that, it is beginning to look good.

[Profile] [Quote]
paul_541
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 15th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Quote:
Personally I think that isn't bad to talk here about WHERE we must put a limit to the details on SB because the style is always in evolution so... Yes, we doing a kind of art but maybe is the time to update a little bit the rules and our way of action to follow to new ideas (example here with the hull's lines) or just let some liberty to people BUT all must present a finished work without too many details, according to the SB style ... :? I don't know if you all understood my point of view ???

If I talk with my personal's experiences about drawing, I am arrived at some point that I didn't have a choice to don't show some little details because firstly, it was too difficult and secondly, they wasn't good-looking. So, especially in this case for Erusia Force, it's not to be bad with you but maybe you haven't already realize this thing...You will probably see it later with other future projects. ;) Continue your awesome work on the Yamato ! :D

Greetings :)

HMCS Bonaventure CVL-22 and later alterations
Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 15th, 2012, 9:46 pm
The problem is that literally every single artist has created their own rules, and now we have a mish-mash of drawing styles with no coherence. Some ships are technically sound but look dull next to these ships which, IMO, are over-detailed for this style.

But I'm just a dinosaur so don't listen to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
paul_541
Post subject: Re: Yamato ClassPosted: November 15th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Colosseum wrote:
The problem is that literally every single artist has created their own rules, and now we have a mish-mash of drawing styles with no coherence. Some ships are technically sound but look dull next to these ships which, IMO, are over-detailed for this style.

But I'm just a dinosaur so don't listen to me.
It's totally normal and, as you are one of the first ''Shipbucketeers'' ,you are a little bit disappointed here because your SB's ideal style isn't always respected... :roll:

HMCS Bonaventure CVL-22 and later alterations
Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 23  [ 225 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 523 »

Jump to: