Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 4:04 pm
But I like how it looks! ;) :lol:
Yeah, I can. And I probably will. Thanks for the tips. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 4:22 pm
Hehe, I know what you mean :D I've wanted to do that before now.
No worries. I know modern ships (ish), but you should see my attempts at sail/steam ships...

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Updated! :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 10:11 pm
Very nice! Personally, though I think stage one should be all arm launchers (of different sizes and versions) and not a mix of VLS and arm launchers.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Stage 1 is simply stage 1 of the WIP/my design process, so it's not to show how this ship evolved in the AU or anything. ;) I just thought it could be interesting to line up the different WIP stages for comparassion.
And thanks! :D

The next to be posted will be the complete version, probably within 24 hours, if all wishes well. I'll add a background story to it along with some of my thoughts on it then.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 10:21 pm
I think the loss of the arm launcher looks awesome to be honest. Plus the whole 'all weapons forward' thing gives it a very aggressive look that really suits it for some reason. If you need more capabilities, you could think about maybe improving your heli facilities? Just a thought rather than a suggestion...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 11th, 2012, 10:26 pm
watch out for the deck penetration. I do not know which missiles you have on board in those bow VLS, but if they are kirov sized you might have an limit in how far forward you are going to be able to put them. if the bow is curved like your bilge keels suggest it does, you are not going to be able to fit any VLS in there, btw.
the 4 CIWS would best be replaced by 2 in that position and 1/2 on the bow and/or stern. I also suggest CIWS units that pack more of an punch, as these have, judging by size and deck pen, an very small magazine or an very small caliber.
also, why is the helideck still a deck higher?
all in all, this ship looks like a lot wasted space, and could be build a lot cheaper and better.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 12th, 2012, 9:48 am
barnest2 wrote:
I think the loss of the arm launcher looks awesome to be honest. Plus the whole 'all weapons forward' thing gives it a very aggressive look that really suits it for some reason. If you need more capabilities, you could think about maybe improving your heli facilities? Just a thought rather than a suggestion...
Thanks! I'm rather content with the "1980s Nelson"-idea myself. ;)
Any suggestion for improved copter facility? I'll check out some RL ships with copter hangar and all myself, but are there anything specific that you would suggest?
acelanceloet wrote:
watch out for the deck penetration. I do not know which missiles you have on board in those bow VLS, but if they are kirov sized you might have an limit in how far forward you are going to be able to put them. if the bow is curved like your bilge keels suggest it does, you are not going to be able to fit any VLS in there, btw.
I'd say that's due to me not properly thinking through the placing of the bilge keel... I'll rearrange the placing of the different VLSs though. Having the biggest missiles the furthest forward wasn't exactly a master stroke...
Quote:
the 4 CIWS would best be replaced by 2 in that position and 1/2 on the bow and/or stern. I also suggest CIWS units that pack more of an punch, as these have, judging by size and deck pen, an very small magazine or an very small caliber.
also, why is the helideck still a deck higher?
How much deck penetration would be required for it to have a sensible ammo amount? They're 25mm.
According to advice from Barnest2 I'm buffing up/redoing the copter facility.
Quote:
all in all, this ship looks like a lot wasted space, and could be build a lot cheaper and better.
Ok, how to properly use said wasted space?

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 14th, 2012, 10:54 pm
I've updated it for a bit. It's more to show progress and current arrangement. Once I've done an approved version I should be able to finish fairly quickly.
Is it still a waste of space and all that, or am I filling up said space better? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: November 14th, 2012, 10:57 pm
Is that 5 CIWS's? That's a damn lot...
More VLS :P
I preferred the old heli deck but as Ace says it's not the best design for one...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13 »

Jump to: