Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 34 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 132 33 34 35 3654 »
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 4:41 am
[ img ]

Thank all of you for the input, and I will be returning to the P.1121 but I wanted to get another project underway, a 1960's MBT for New Anglia, our aggressor nation.

So far, the biggest concern seems to be the turret ring, which I keep getting told is too small, though it's larger than that of the original tank drawing I FD scaled, then modified, a Vickers Mk3. My idea was for a tank just slightly more capable than the M-48, but not as advanced as the M-60. This is extremely WIP, so I'm going to get it working first before I start putting any names on it.

Comments are welcome!

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 9:57 am
What about going with an auto-loader? The limited turret ring diameter would be a lesser concern then as you wouldn't need to store rounds in it or need to feed them through it nearly as often.

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 2:58 pm
That's a good idea, it can be an early one with some flaws, like the Soviet ones that tried to load the gunner!

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 24th, 2012, 9:19 am
[ img ]

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 24th, 2012, 6:24 pm
The Sgian Dub Fighter:

The F.1 Fighter:
[ img ]

The T.2 Trainer:
[ img ]

The F.3 Family:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

The T.4 Trainer:
[ img ]

The F.5 Family:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

The T.6 Trainer:
[ img ]

The F.7 Family:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:02 am
Wow! :o Great work!

[Profile]
denodon
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:12 am
Great work indeed. The F.1 and T.2 are my favorites.

[Profile]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 25th, 2012, 10:21 pm
Oh dear, it seems the FD bug bit me. ;)
[ img ]
Starting in 1943, the Cenetian Naval Air Corps. began to look for a replacement for their A6M Zeros. Due to a crumbled alliance with Japan, it was decided to give a domestic builder a turn. The main focus of this design was to be a medium fighter/interceptor with medium to long range capabilities. After a contest, Werlen Korp. was awarded a contract for it's D9 design. Starting production in early 1944, it was put into production, and was introduced in December of that year.
The D9 was well liked by flight crews, though pilots occasionally complained of the cramped cockpit. The D9 was the newest aircraft used by Cenet in WWII, the last prop fighter in service. No D9's were left in active service by 1953, being used as trainers until 1956.

*Braces for criticism*

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 26th, 2012, 9:36 am
That radiator intake could be better placed than it currently is at least I think it's a radiator intake because your prop sorta indicates it has a radial?

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 26th, 2012, 9:41 am
Sorry to say that Raxar ... but that's one ugly plane. :lol: Don't look like 45' design, more like some interwar prototype. And brace for this one ... tailhook! :D

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 34 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 132 33 34 35 3654 »

Jump to: