Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 18th, 2012, 2:31 pm
Oh guys, please stop flattering me :oops: there are guys like DG_Alpha and the British Carriers folks who do the same thing with even better results.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 18th, 2012, 2:46 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Oh guys, please stop flattering me :oops: there are guys like DG_Alpha and the British Carriers folks who do the same thing with even better results.
The reason is that you do a proper research. and have a god aye for details, and draw the correct detail. Something you find in the most experienced personnel in SB.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gonzo
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 18th, 2012, 3:03 pm
emperor_andreas wrote:
I believe those were where the reloads were kept. Although reloading in battle would probably be extraordinarily dangerous. :lol:

-Matt
It sure was dangerous if you were an American off Savo Island. The Aoba's were able to savage the Southern force, reload their tubes, then exterminate the Northern force.

On the other hand the Mogami class cruiser Mikuma was destroyed at the battle of Midway because a bomb hit set off the torpedo reloads. According to survivors accounts in the book "Miracle at Midway", Mogami actually received more bomb hits, but because her captain had jettisoned his torpedo reloads she survived the battle.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 18th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Chikuma's Capt. Komura Keizo also saved his ship by doing that at the Battle of Santa Cruz on 26 October 1942.

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 18th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Excellent thread, with lots of very good drawings BB. I'm hoping you'll do the Furutaka as well

Furutaka as completed
[ img ]

Furutaka in 1935
[ img ]

Furutaka in 1941
[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 18th, 2012, 4:47 pm
Yes i will, i even put my hands on those drawings already thanks to Colombamike.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 18th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Yes, please, do - now - Furutaka as of ca. 1935... Don't take this as a command, just as an offer you can not resist! 8-) :lol: ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 19th, 2012, 1:09 am
About Aoba's funnel markings in 1945. I asked the question on an IJN forum and someone answered, "Faded, but they are there", so dark or medium gray might be a viable option.

-Matt

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 19th, 2012, 10:53 am
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on October 19th, 2012, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Aoba Class Heavy CruiserPosted: October 19th, 2012, 12:05 pm
Looks good...and I think the black line should be deleted...the band was just paint, not metal; the black line makes it seem like the band part is a different part of the funnel altogether.

-Matt

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 56 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: