Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1447 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 1:02 am
@Hood, is it possible that you got a top view photo or drawing of the Bofors 40mm/60 Mk 5 anti aircraft gun as used by RN in WWII?

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 12:52 pm
Thanks for these excellent updated weapons and radars.They will make our drawings so much better ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 1:40 pm
Kim, I would recommend you to check out Bombhead's carriers, in particular HMS Centaur in 1953. That has a Mk5 top-view. If that's not the one you want I'm sure Bombhead will either have the source material or could draw you one as our resident Grey Line Top View Expert!

I've no plans to add top-views to the parts sheet yet, but if demand grows then I'll add them.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 4:51 pm
Hood wrote:
Kim, I would recommend you to check out Bombhead's carriers, in particular HMS Centaur in 1953. That has a Mk5 top-view. If that's not the one you want I'm sure Bombhead will either have the source material or could draw you one as our resident Grey Line Top View Expert!

I've no plans to add top-views to the parts sheet yet, but if demand grows then I'll add them.
:D Bombhead already pm'ed to me so the problem is solved. Thanks anyway :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 5:29 pm
a question to the grey funnel faction: is it possible that the sea dart launcher is oversized by some 30%?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 7:19 pm
@Hood; would you consider to use this GAM-B01 in the parts sheet? I've drew it back in time when I made the Albion class.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 7:33 pm
yeah, that might be an better idea... mine represents the dutch type, which has the ammo mag and sights of the dutch version, which seems to be slightly different.
that said, kimwerner, yours looks a bit oversized, those round things are armrests, how can an human reach those?

also:
[ img ]
the sizes of the magazines and the missiles in the magazine are correct, the actual system might differ a bit from reality though as I has no schematics of it, only a small, dark pic of the magazine and an vid showing an 2 second shot of the missile being reloaded.

my remark though, is that the references and the pictures show an launcher for the type 42 with an height of about 25 pixels, while the one now on it is 32. the one for the type 82 is 39 and should be about 34, so is closer to reality. I hope you'll understand I leave that to you guys to (decide to) fix, as there is a lot still to do on my side and you are the experts :P

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 29th, 2012, 8:02 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
yeah, that might be an better idea... mine represents the dutch type, which has the ammo mag and sights of the dutch version, which seems to be slightly different.
that said, kimwerner, yours looks a bit oversized, those round things are armrests, how can an human reach those?
Ace you're quite right that it's slightly oversized, but IIRC it was recommended to me to do that to avoid a cramped drawing of the gun ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 30th, 2012, 9:12 am
Kim, I've added your GAM-BO1 to the next upload to be done.

Ace, I would agree with your estimate, the launcher is indeed too big. The base units seem to match pretty well on both the T82 and T42 versions with the ships themselves. The trouble seems to be the top section. The root of the problem is the missile, since all early SB missiles were shown out of scale for detailing purposes, putting them onto the launch arms has indeed forced the structure perhaps 4-5 pixels more than it should have been. The top section is really quite small. This is the problem we've discussed a few times before, whether to put the oversized missiles on launchers distort them (or have the missiles look ridiculously over-sized), or no missiles on the rails or re-draw the missiles. The latter option poses some problems, yes the new Sea Darts in the magazines are the right size but they don't look much like the Sea Dart at this scale.

If a really good proper-size Sea Dart than looks good can be drawn then I'll happily swap it and lower the launcher - or I'll simply remove the missiles in the arms. Shaving 1-2 pixels off the base and the extra pixels in the middle would then make it proper scale.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 30th, 2012, 9:26 am
I'll leave it to you, as it is the sea dart COULD fit well enough, especially looking at these new belowdeck parts. for perfect accuracy though, if you want to have it as real as possible, now's the best time to change it :P
also, indeed, the missiles inside do not look like sea dart. I only made those to show the mechanism, as I have done in the Mk 4 and Mk 10 GMLS. they would be an very bad fit for the 'external' missile, so I think that option (an correctly sized missile in the launcher) should be discarded.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1447 »

Jump to: