Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 23  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 823 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 10:41 pm
I'd keep the forward 40mm tub (without the gun of course). The bows just look strange on Iowa/Montana without that characteristic gun tub.

Also, if you'd like to spruce up the forward area, here's the bow of Missouri with the railings removed:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 6:14 am
Colosseum wrote:
I'd keep the forward 40mm tub (without the gun of course). The bows just look strange on Iowa/Montana without that characteristic gun tub.
Also, if you'd like to spruce up the forward area, here's the bow of Missouri with the railings removed:
[ img ]
Yes
+
BB, last comments for me in this 1948 Montana
[ img ]

BB, you plan to draw the hypothetical
- mid 1950's Missile-Battleships conversions ?
- early 1980's ultimate conversion "a la Iowa" ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Looking better and better with each revision!

I'm not sure the radar fit from Worcester shows the most recent (and accurate) versions of those systems. This would be an area to consult erik_t.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Colombamike wrote:
BB, you plan to draw the hypothetical
- mid 1950's Missile-Battleships conversions ?
- early 1980's ultimate conversion "a la Iowa" ?
for the early BBG with terrier/talos twin arm launchers it would be more credible to do the Uss Kentucky as she was the real never built one, i have considered an idea to do the 1985(or so) version with mainly the same modifications done to the Iowa class, altough strictly speaking it would be an own design as the late war/post war version already drawn are themselves a never bilt versions and thus the eventual 1980s conversion would be never considered for something that was just not built.

Colosseum wrote:
Looking better and better with each revision!

I'm not sure the radar fit from Worcester shows the most recent (and accurate) versions of those systems. This would be an area to consult erik_t.
Worchesters where launched in 1947 and commissioned in 1948 wich is the year the drawing shows, but i recognize your point as i myself have a vastly obscure knowledge about post-WWII radars, so surely consulting someone who is fond about the argument is the right option.

And to avoid this massege from beign wasted, some fixes done to Uss Montana:
[ img ]

I will put the anchor chain as the last touch as i need to retrofit that on all the previous drawing (and i still need to fix the bofor mounts on the 1945 version)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 3:27 pm
BTW: no need to credit me as I've not drawn any major parts on this ship, the work is entirely yours so take the credit all for yourself. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: USS Kentucky already draw but...Posted: September 24th, 2012, 5:19 pm
BB1987 wrote:
for the early BBG with terrier/talos twin arm launchers it would be more credible to do the Uss Kentucky as she was the real never built one, i have considered an idea to do the 1985(or so) version with mainly the same modifications done to the Iowa class, altough strictly speaking it would be an own design as the late war/post war version already drawn are themselves a never bilt versions and thus the eventual 1980s conversion would be never considered for something that was just not built.
Apparently mid 1950's KENTUCKY BBG already draw ?
[ img ]

But you can may attempt to draw a possible full missile-battery battleships (1959 design) (look 1st design)
[ img ]

For the Mach superstructure, you can help you with 2 olders drawing of US heavy cruisers conversion (Albany/Chicago)
[ img ]
[ img ]

The mid battleship/mid helico-assault (1962 design) already draw...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 5:22 pm
She looks very nice, but there is one change that I would suggest. The colors on the US flag, while in line with the old colors, are not the new ones.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 5:48 pm
I'd take anything that old with a grain of salt... the drawings Colombiamike link are way out of date. Sad to me that my name is on a piece of garbage like that "Kentucky"... especially when I had nothing to do with it!

As for new colors on the US flag, I personally think it's a stupid waste of time but do what you want... just keep in mind that the USN ships in the archive have the current version. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 7:40 pm
While i take in consideration possibble conversion into guided missile ships i have updated the 1945 version with the missing bofors, also added the anchor chains on all ships (they can be found in the first page).

here is the updated 1945 version with measure 22 camouflage scheme.
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: USA - Montana Class BattleshipPosted: September 24th, 2012, 8:00 pm
And you can use my SPG-5 for Terrier guidance, not the SPG-62 that you've got in your missile conversion! I'll post my Terrier-armed CLGs soon, so you'll have the radar suite there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 23  [ 223 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 823 »

Jump to: