Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 31 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3354 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: September 8th, 2012, 9:03 am
Kilomuse wrote:
Love the sharkmouth Spit, DP!

My AU 1980s main battle tank. This is the basic, initial variant, but I'm finishing up other models for mid-life updates, bridge-layer and a definitive variant for the 2000s. I'm considering doing a self propelled gun and maybe an air defense model, but I'm somewhat skeptical of using a full on MBT hull for stuff like that.

[img]http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j39 ... C1.png[img]
Why? It's been done numerous times previously. The French modified the AMX-30 to become a Roland carrier. There have also been modifications to the T-72 turning it into an SPG using the turret of the French GCT 155mm SPG...

[Profile]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: September 8th, 2012, 9:05 am
and, the example of the PZH-2000 using the leopard 2's chassis is also an fact.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: September 11th, 2012, 4:38 pm
My friend ask me to make HMMWV for his Fallout universe RPG session. Fast kitbashing.

[ img ]

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: September 13th, 2012, 4:50 am
Rhade, that looks like the Red Jacket Truck, lol

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 3:57 pm
[ img ]

This is for an upcoming AU, Nieuw Friesland, but I wanted to see what everyone thought of the modifications. Looking for an alternative to the F-4 phantom, the Hawker P.1121 was found to be attractive, but the air service wanted a large number of changes to the design, which considerably delayed entry. Changes included, M-61 Vulcan cannon, AIM-7 Sparrow and related avionics, canards, redesigned cockpit and canopy, and the American J-79 engine.

The resulting aircraft would form the backbone of the Luchtmacht for nearly three decades, going through many versions, including a specialized ground attack variant with a distinctive chisel nose.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 5:13 pm
Nice idea (though I liked "real" canopy more), but this canard looks bit out-of-place (and out-of shape - with negative angle of attack at the base and zero AoA at the tip) and without shading underneath.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 5:57 pm
eswube, thanks for the constructive criticism, Van had me proof check it for the most part, and it may need shading, all fighters with forward canards have a negative angle like this does.

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 6:06 pm
Quote:
Nice idea (though I liked "real" canopy more), but this canard looks bit out-of-place (and out-of shape - with negative angle of attack at the base and zero AoA at the tip) and without shading underneath.
I'm still debating about the exact shape and placement of the canards, originally, they were further forward on the aircraft. As for the canopy, it can only be an improvement over the original, which had horrible visibility.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 6:30 pm
Updated the above pic, showing the original location of the canards, which I do like better, though not sure if that is the most practical location for them, as pilots will be tempted to use them as steps,

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 7:19 pm
Nighthunter - I have no problem with the negative AoA, but that it looks like it's different at the base and different at the tip (due to "thickness" being shown at the tip - unlike the tail).

Obsydian Shade - I know the new canopy has better visibility. For me it was just esthetical. ;)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 31 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3354 »

Jump to: