Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Propulsion system size question...Posted: August 14th, 2012, 10:13 pm
indeed, I have some propulsion systems in the belowdeck parts thread here
I could use some input though, so if you draw engine systems please send them to me and I will check them for you and put them in the thread. an separate engine parts sheet would belong there, and I am working on one in the same style as my (yet unreleased) main sheets, so it would maybe be better to just sent me the drawn parts.

especially diesels, waterjets, azipods, nuclear reactors and the older gas turbine types are wanted by me. also, diesel/gasturbine generators could be useful.

note that many manufacturers give the exact sizes of their recent models, sometimes even with downloadable 3D models. these are perfect for building references like these. older types are harder, as the reference is 'historic'.

[Profile] [Quote]
Prizyetsa
Post subject: Re: Propulsion system size question...Posted: August 15th, 2012, 5:37 am
Okidoki, I'll send them to you then :)

Currently working on engines for the bellow deck parts sheet

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Propulsion system size question...Posted: August 15th, 2012, 5:01 pm
I'm sure this is answered before, but eh.

In Shipbucket style, the size of your powerplant is determined by the size of your funnels. Look at some examples already on the boards or database.

Of course, nuke plants won't have funnels. It's also a good idea (especially in the case of nuke plants) to know what the rough internal sizes are. For steam plants it's typically going to be equivalent to the size of your main battery's magazine + barbette (a general rule I heard from somewhare). Of course acelancelot and heuhen are probably the best source period for this.

[Profile] [Quote]
RP1
Post subject: Re: Propulsion system size question...Posted: August 21st, 2012, 4:10 pm
Wartsila put hilarious amounts of details on-line.

http://www.wartsila.com/en/Home

RP1

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: