Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 2:09 pm
The current version does indeed look pretty good! My suggestions are the following:
Remove the gun mounts fore and aft of the funnels. Judging from how it looks, it's from an era when even four guns would be very adequate!
Once you've done that, move the funnels a bit forward, right aft of the bridge structure. Place the boats on the sides of the funnels instead, so that you save space.
Remove the torpedo tubes, and put one of them (make it a quad or quint instead) where the boats currently are instead.
And, I suggest shortening the entire ship. To me it looks rather WW1, and WW1 destroyers would rarely be longer than 90m. To match this, I suggest somewhat decreasing the drought, which is already quite deep.
And, but we can deal with that once said details has been taken care of, those blocky superstructures are something that will need fixing, sooner or later.
While this might sound like many things to do, I would deffinitely consider this to be a great improvement.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 2:24 pm
She is not a normal Destroyer as I said in the op.
APDAF wrote:
Yes she is heavily armed for a destroyer that is intention as she is a either a very heavy destroyer or a very light cruiser.
She is designed for a role that does not exist in the real world.

But I will look at your advice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 2:34 pm
APDAF wrote:
She is designed for a role that does not exist in the real world.
And that's role is ... what ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm
And so it begins... :roll:

[ img ]

Pretty self explanatory...

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 6:58 pm
Read this first please. :x
APDAF wrote:
Yes she is heavily armed for a destroyer that is intention as she is a either a very heavy destroyer or a very light cruiser.
I don't like it when people don't read everything.

Last edited by APDAF on August 11th, 2012, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 7:05 pm
APDAF wrote:
APDAF wrote:
Yes? That's a designation, not a role. And seeing how you don't seem to know which one you want it to be it's of little use.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 7:14 pm
APDAF wrote:
:lol:
APDAF wrote:
I beleive the designation you are looking for is "Destroyer Leader" or "Large Destroyer".
That is not what you have here, what you have drawn is classed as a "Medium Destroyer", "Fleet Destroyer", or "Average Destroyer". With that in mind, I would do exactly what everyone else has been telling you (I especially like Bombhead's suggestion, and highly reccommend it).

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 8:47 pm
APDAF wrote:
APDAF wrote:
Still doesn't mean you need OMGWTF amounts of guns. Fantasque had 5x 5.5s and were deemed light cruisers...
Thiel wrote:
APDAF wrote:
APDAF wrote:
Yes? That's a designation, not a role. And seeing how you don't seem to know which one you want it to be it's of little use.
True dat.
Raxar wrote:
APDAF wrote:
:lol:
APDAF wrote:
I beleive the designation you are looking for is "Destroyer Leader" or "Large Destroyer".
That is not what you have here, what you have drawn is classed as a "Medium Destroyer", "Fleet Destroyer", or "Average Destroyer". With that in mind, I would do exactly what everyone else has been telling you (I especially like Bombhead's suggestion, and highly reccommend it).
Capitani Romani, Etna, Fantasque Spähkreuzers. Look a them and learn. Then come back and tell me if your design matches any of them for the very light cruisers or super destroyer roles.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 11th, 2012, 8:58 pm
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends..."
APDAF wrote:
Oh no, no, no ... you first good sir ... you first. I have not ask what class is that ship but what is that mistery role of his ... I repeat, ROLE that does not exist in the real world.
APDAF wrote:
Funny as hell, we have the same feelings everytime we look at your topics. :lol: :lol: :lol: A bloody irony I say.
APDAF wrote:
In that case ... that ship is a destroyer, heavy destroyer or light cruiser ? You have any idea what are you doing ? or just shoots from your mind every lunatic idea you can get ?

If you want a large destroyer design as example you can look at French Mogador class.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian Destroyers.Posted: August 12th, 2012, 7:36 pm
Now this is what I had in mind.
(Look at the op)

I have added two masts with range-finders, radio wires and searchlights.
Also secondary guns and the boat crane.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: