Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 710 »
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 20th, 2010, 8:27 am
deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 20th, 2010, 6:30 pm
Colombamike wrote:
[ img ]
wow, even I think that's harsh

[Profile] [Quote]
prairie canuck
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 21st, 2010, 2:28 am
Facepalm!! Oh the horror :shock: ! How could I ever face t....... Wait,

I'm over it.

Have a good day mon Capitain :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
prairie canuck
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 1:45 am
Gotta love a snow day and all that time to...
Attachment:
Iroquois 2016 3.PNG

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 8:42 am
Full marks for persistence p.c. and I like the 'cut of the jib' on the latest version; you seem to have a praiseworthy dedication to improving your design.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 4:21 pm
structure and hull look good, but I hate the current radar suite...... so here is my (rather small now, you are making good improvements) comment list:
- railing is not stealth. minimize it's use to it's minimum, especially on the bow. maybe better use this setup http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... EN%201.gif
- IMO, an RAM is better then an SeaRAM as CIWS on the hangar. you have the sensor suite to guide the normal RAM, but I don't know about deck penetration.
- liferaft positions look weird.
- USE THE NEW APAR AND SMART-L FROM THE DUTCH PARTS SHEET!!!!!!!! http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 329mjk.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 7:33 pm
deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 8:06 pm
I 2nd that, except for the ASW sonar....... TOWED ARRAY ON AN SHIP WITH AIR DEFENCE RADARS? WTF!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 8:38 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I 2nd that, except for the ASW sonar....... TOWED ARRAY ON AN SHIP WITH AIR DEFENCE RADARS? WTF!
Your forget:
- Current canadian fleet strenght (and future budget...)
- Russian & Chinese subs
- and the fact that the Canadian Navy can't afford 2 kind of main surface combattants ships (up to 4 pure AAW & up to 8 pure ASW...)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Common Hull combatant ConceptPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 8:48 pm
you have a point there...... I was considering too much the different types of ships as in use in the dutch navy. so the canadian navy will only buy 1 type of ship for both roles? weird, but well..... I would at least consider 2 modular versions.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 710 »

Jump to: