Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 8:01 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 8:05 pm
1. Why is the gun facing backwards anyway? I guess I could appreciate it but it'd look better with a unified "Russian" look.

2. VLS tubes are a bit too close to things, would prefer them to be Russian tubes too

3. Those should be armored hull sections.

4. You should use some Russian guns of some type. Borrow Golly's turrets from one of his never-build ships.

5. On top of there should be a fourth face, you should follow the advice given of not pasting on SPY-1 onto a Russian face.

6. Where's the hangar?

7. I'd prefer Russian CIWS

8. There frankly needs to be more radar sets. Look on the Kutznestov, for example.

9. Where's the plane hangar?

10. Why not Yak-38s or Yak-141s? Those are cool.

11. Russian missile tubes look cooler!

12. I don't like them being so close to the flight deck and once again you should swap them out for Russian models.

These suggestions aren't necessarily designed to make it more realistic (though they appear to be), they're to add to the "toyetic" and "tacticool" factor since I think this ship can pull it off.

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 10:38 pm
Thanks klagsdf, I'll actually go try that now

might I add this is fairly old, before I got on the forum in-fact (therefore outdated and relatively small part sheets)
,since I have been on the forum I have learned quite alot about various subjects.

The aft facing 5 incher is intended to depress father than normal in order to sweep the aft erm, envelope of the ship so it does not have to waste missiles, on a target that the CIWS, or M2 mounts can't deal with and to not have to turn around and waste 16in. shells on that same target

I actually prefer the yak jump jets to the harrier series anyway, I didn't know we had any of those drawn though,
last can I get an example of an "armored" superstructure section on a modern warship

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 11:17 pm
Razgriz BSG-27 wrote:
last can I get an example of an "armored" superstructure section on a modern warship
It was meant as a style rather than a serious engineering suggestion, so I'd go with "whatever you think looks cool." You might want to go with something that looks heavy and angular to suggest heavy armor.

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 2:16 am
thanks

, also did anyone notice the jet nozzle hiding in between the props

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 2:48 am
That's not a jet nozzle that's a water jet pump (just distinguishing so people don't think OMG JET ENGINE!!!1111oneonemaybeatwointhere) I let it slide since you're obviously going for the toyetic tacticool factor :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 2:00 pm
sorry, I forgot to make the distinction, I thought about calling it an impeller exhaust but then I thought that's probably not right
as I operate a Yamaha SX230 HO on a weekly basis , I was like well the "jet" engines on this boat are impellers, but I don't know about the large ones, so I'll just call it that

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 4:40 pm
[ img ]

so far

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 5:25 pm
[ img ]
Red Circle is where you have stretched pixels, Green Circle is where things don't line up.
Also, I would remove the shading on the windows.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: For the LOLsPosted: August 4th, 2012, 12:28 am
MUCH better, but I'm still hoping for some "beefier" radar and some BrahMos'es or Granits.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: