Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 913 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 26th, 2012, 9:06 pm
Just loving it. Hell, you managed to draw a real sexy baby there! And I happy that I was able to inspire you to create these lovely looking gals!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 26th, 2012, 10:50 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Just loving it. Hell, you managed to draw a real sexy baby there! And I happy that I was able to inspire you to create these lovely looking gals!
Thank you! :D I probably should have you know that I... "borrowed" your flag outlining from said thread. Hadn't been able to do those flags without 'em. Hope you don't mind :P Those flags was a very important part of the second modernation, since it's actually a depiction of a campaign version(specifically inspired by your Jutland Barham), something that, IMO, made the drawing more interesting. :) And again,thanks for the warm words! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 27th, 2012, 2:52 am
I see what you mean. I didn't even think about that earlier. As for using and abusing and borrowing these things, just go ahead. I wouldn't want everyone to do it, but you certainly have more than earned your right to do it, so it just makes me happy that I could provide you with that.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 27th, 2012, 6:47 am
Very interesting choice of caliber for the those ships and nice lines. I've been looking at working a plan for a 16in gunned sieranian battleship built around 1937-38 to counter the Nagatos primarily. I wonder how your designs would deal against them. I see the Kongos, Ises and Nagatos as the main threats as the Yamatos would be occupied elsewhere in the south.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 27th, 2012, 7:44 am
Looks great, kinda reminds me of an enlarged County class...

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 27th, 2012, 9:38 am
bezobrazov wrote:
I see what you mean. I didn't even think about that earlier. As for using and abusing and borrowing these things, just go ahead. I wouldn't want everyone to do it, but you certainly have more than earned your right to do it, so it just makes me happy that I could provide you with that.
Let the abusing beginn! :twisted: ;) :lol:
No, in all seriousness, thanks matey! Those flags were too much to resist... ;) I won't abuse these rights too much in the future.
denodon wrote:
Very interesting choice of caliber for the those ships and nice lines. I've been looking at working a plan for a 16in gunned sieranian battleship built around 1937-38 to counter the Nagatos primarily. I wonder how your designs would deal against them. I see the Kongos, Ises and Nagatos as the main threats as the Yamatos would be occupied elsewhere in the south.
Thanks! :D The choice of caliber comes from the fact that Gotrige weapon designers are staunch proclaimers of the metric system. The options was essentially 40cm(15,75"), 40,5cm(15,9"), and 41cm(16,1"). The middle felt to odd, and the latter felt like too much, and thus, the 40cm was taken(All this based on my own oppinion). You'll notice the same with earlier guns, like the gun before this one, is 36cm(14,2"), somewhat bigger than their American and Japanese counterparts.
Remember that these were made to tackle the fast BBs appearing in different navies, with the QE as a basis. At their commission, the Nagato's would probably outweight them(but it would damned even), but by the end of the 40's, they have heavier armor, as well as slightly higher speed. So, the thought for countering Nagato is essentially: make it a slug feast. Sverkre Grip is more resiliant, and fast enough to dictate the fighting distance.
Rowdy36 wrote:
Looks great, kinda reminds me of an enlarged County class...
Hm... well, concept-wise, this was partly based based on the Nagato, but appearance-wise, I looked mainly on the Hood for inspiration. I don't know the the County class might have been very similar to the Mighty one.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 2nd, 2012, 10:21 pm
I'm currently at work with a mid-70's missile cruiser. Work's going smoothly, but I was wondering if anyone has advice for a good chopper to use? Grateful for any answer! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 3rd, 2012, 1:41 am
Miss post sorry

References and feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Trojan on August 3rd, 2012, 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 3rd, 2012, 1:44 am
Sikorsky/Westland sea king
Westland wessex
Aerospastiale super frelon
Westland wasp
Kansan seasprite
Maybe lynx but those weren't really in service at the time

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: August 3rd, 2012, 1:51 am
Thanks! :D I got the Westland of the parts sheets, and am currently recouloring it. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 913 »

Jump to: