Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 11  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 20th, 2012, 10:19 pm
Backs out gives you more space in the vehicle and makes it easier to disembark.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 21st, 2012, 12:33 am
you can do a CV90, they hava a offset gun and engine in the front, and are very god in sand or deep snow

her some comparison to a bradley

http://www.dejawolf.com/steelbeasts/heightsfront.jpg
http://www.dejawolf.com/steelbeasts/bradcv90sides.jpg

note this is the old CV90, the new on has a lower and different turret. this tanks can you get in many variants. 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 105mm canons and so one...

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 21st, 2012, 1:59 am
Well, right now I am working on a wheeled APC/IFV. After I finish my TEL and my Airborne Tank (like the PT-76 or Wiesel) then I will get to work on a tracked AFV.I havent thought about what I would base it on, but the CV-90 looks like a good contender.

-EZ-

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 21st, 2012, 4:17 am
Yeah, I'm not sure how the central hydrojet would work on a vehicle with a front-mounted engine. And if memory serves, the BTR-80 has a propeller inside of a tunnel, not a true waterjet, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, yes, that would defintely eat into your troop space in the rear of the vehicle. It's much easier to mount two waterjets or propellor units on the lower rear corners of the hull like the LAV and several other wheeled, amphibious APC.

I'm not sure how offsetting the engine would work either, but it may not be a good idea. When designing an amphibious vehicle you should think about designing a boat first, and the most stable set up for a boat is always to have everything symetrical running down the centerline. The LAV-25 has a slightly offset engine to allow room for the driver, but it's not that much offset. Still, you can always give it a try and see how it looks. You might want to do a top down view of the APC too. That might give you an idea of how offsetting things would affect your vehicle in the water.

You can always go with an remote weapons mount that has a .50 cal and a grenade MG. They make mounts like that. Or, as you say, just go with an autocannon on a remote mount. Either one would work.

I agree with Thiel, on troop seating. Backs outward gives you more room and makes getting in and out easier. Firing ports are way overrated and they're pretty much totally useless in combat. They sound like a good idea, but it's really just a waste of ammo since there's no way to aim a rifle that's being fired through a firing port.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 21st, 2012, 4:49 am
Yeah, the BTR is basically a ducted propeller. On wikipedia, I saw it being referenced as hydrojets, so I just generically used that term. I think that now It would be better to have 2 smaller units, to keep the floor from having a massive hump.

As for offsetting the engine, I just assumed that that is what they did, because on the Stryker it is clearly shown that the engine compartment is more to the right, but of course that's just the outside and not the inside. Even with that, if I offset the engine, I could move the COG back to the centerline by having the turret more to the left side, and give more room for driver and commander. Once again though, I am not sure.

The turret will only be remote operated if the situation calls for it. Most likely it will be a manned, armored turret with any three of those weapons listed. You said that the GL and the MG could share a mount together, so I'll have to look at that.
With the seating, I do agree that the backs out setup would be better (and includes the ability to load cargo). The reason I thought of the backs in seating was for the firing ports, but since you say they really serve no purpose, that idea is out.

I'll work on the APC tomorrow, and I'll try and get a basis of the top view, front view, and rear view, to give you an idea of the setup.

Also, from looking at the drawings from my iPhone, the green turns up very dark compared to on my laptop. Is this a problem for y'all? Do you think I should go with a lighter green to help distinguish different shades a little bit better? Maybe a "new hull" color and go with gray base color (similar to the one on my aircrafts)?

-EZ-

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 21st, 2012, 7:54 pm
[ img ]
Ok, here is the side, top, front, and rear view, to give you an idea of the 'shape.' It's not perfect yet, and I sitll need to put detail on it (obviously), but I hope this helps. I have also put a second front view with a turret to give you an idea on what it would look like.

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 4:45 am
After looking at a picture of the German 'Dachs' I saw some of the detail that I should have, so I added it in. I also moved the commander's cupola to the left side of the tank, to keep it from being cramped, and added the gunner's sight.
So here is an update of the 'TH-1.'
[ img ]
I know I probably need to add some detail to the track, but I dont think it's that big a deal (becasue it's dark enough to hide detail).

Is there anything else you think I should add?

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 4:51 am
why fuel thank aft and not on the turret?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 5:04 am
It's an auxiliary fuel tank. For increasing the range. The internal fuel puts the tank's range at about 350 miles, but having 2 more tanks doubles that range.

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Denton Army Air Force DrawingsPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 6:56 pm
Your drawings look quite ascetic (although it can be quite understandable with own designs), but I like Your efforts. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 11  [ 105 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 »

Jump to: