Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 21 of 50  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2350 »
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 20th, 2012, 10:50 pm
[ img ]

Still rather WIP, and it's my first attempt at FD scale, so I'm posting this a tad early to see if any of the more established artists could offer tips that might help with this. References were vague, and conflicting, so I cobbled together what I could for detail, such that this could almost arguably be better placed in the AU thread, though for once, that's not my intent. Feedback and comment welcome.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 20th, 2012, 11:04 pm
yay i have been looking forward to this plane!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 20th, 2012, 11:06 pm
Once I get the kinks ironed out of this one, I'll try to do the version with fully retractable gear.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 20th, 2012, 11:07 pm
excellent
looking forward to it!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile]
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 21st, 2012, 12:45 am
These may help
[ img ]

[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile]
deankal55
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 21st, 2012, 1:42 am
Obsydian, are you planning on doing a Dutch East Indies CW-21?

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 21st, 2012, 8:32 am
Thank you, Novice--that was one of the exact references I used, but the resulting aircraft in FD wasn't sufficiently detailed enough, meaning I had to find other sources, including a cardboard model of a slightly later model. The main difference lie in the panel lines of the rear fuselage, which I saw no reason why they'd not be present in the earlier model. Most of the line drawings available weren't very detailed, leaving this area blank, which didn't seem accurate.

[ img ]

This is the other reference, but it is a later version, and I don't completely trust the accuracy of it in other regards, so I made a point of limiting how much I actually took from this.

@deankal55: The NEI version is the later one with the retractable landing gear which I plan on doing after I get everything with this version squared away. I likely will leave the specific paint scheme to ALVAMA, or whoever wants to do it. This was originally supposed to be done by ALVAMA, but he suggested I attempt it as a starter project, since it's a comparatively simple aircraft. When I do a fully painted version, it will likely be in the FD AU section. A reminder that the above is still a WIP--I'm a long way from happy with it right now.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 21st, 2012, 9:06 am
The CW-21B Demon has always intrigued me. This looks like a good start.

DP, that Su-34 is awesome beyond words, that camo scheme might be wild and probably impractical in real-world combat, but it looks cool. Then again, I am a guy who wishes that the brighter markings of the 50s and 60s would return to give some life into those ubiqutious low-viz grey that looks the same the world over. And just cos' governments and air forces won't pay for extra paint and resprays.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 21st, 2012, 9:17 am
Yeah, the Su-34 is one of the sexiest warplanes of the current era. And looks twice as good when compared to all those "stealth" aircraft we're seeing nowadays.
Hood wrote:
Then again, I am a guy who wishes that the brighter markings of the 50s and 60s would return to give some life into those ubiqutious low-viz grey that looks the same the world over.
I'm totally with You about that!

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircraft 2Posted: July 21st, 2012, 1:20 pm
[ img ]

Here's my latest with various modifications added.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 21 of 50  [ 494 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2350 »

Jump to: