Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 11  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 14th, 2010, 10:21 am
I don't know.... I only know that there is an difference between normal png's and fireworks png's, but for other programs then fireworks there is no difference, they are just flattened. that's all I know, and for me, that's all I have to know about them. I don't want ANOTHER fight today over such an thing.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 14th, 2010, 12:24 pm
TimothyC wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
well, there are fireworks png's (for macromedia fireworks, which I use) and those are layered files. I thought that might be the problem.......
PNG (Portable Network Graphics) files are BY DEFINITION Single Layer Files. There is no support for multiple layers in the base PNG specification. MNG and APNG do support multiple animated frames, but they are also by definition, NOT PNG FILES.
In defense of ace here, quoted directly from the Adobe homepage:
Quote:
Technically speaking, Macromedia chose PNG (which stands for Portable Network Graphics) as the native file format for Fireworks because the format has both open source and proprietary characteristics. In most applications, the default file format is proprietary, meaning other applications can't open it. PNG, however, is an open source file format. Some graphic applications and browsers can open PNGs too. However, they can only read the graphical portion of a PNG's file information. Fireworks PNG files contain a second "chunk" of data that other applications can't read, which contains proprietary information about things like slicing, interactivity, and any Live Effects that may have been applied.
So the Fireworks png isn't actually layered, but has extra info that tells the program what has beeen done to the original image file. Normal graphics programs don't read that, they just see the standard flat PNG portion of the file. Neat.
It also explains why Rifleman may have problems. Perhaps his edition of Paintshop Pro sees, but can't make heads or tails of the additional data.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 14th, 2010, 2:24 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
well, there are fireworks png's (for macromedia fireworks, which I use) and those are layered files. I thought that might be the problem.......
PNG (Portable Network Graphics) files are BY DEFINITION Single Layer Files. There is no support for multiple layers in the base PNG specification. MNG and APNG do support multiple animated frames, but they are also by definition, NOT PNG FILES.
In defense of ace here, quoted directly from the Adobe homepage:
Quote:
Technically speaking, Macromedia chose PNG (which stands for Portable Network Graphics) as the native file format for Fireworks because the format has both open source and proprietary characteristics. In most applications, the default file format is proprietary, meaning other applications can't open it. PNG, however, is an open source file format. Some graphic applications and browsers can open PNGs too. However, they can only read the graphical portion of a PNG's file information. Fireworks PNG files contain a second "chunk" of data that other applications can't read, which contains proprietary information about things like slicing, interactivity, and any Live Effects that may have been applied.
So the Fireworks png isn't actually layered, but has extra info that tells the program what has beeen done to the original image file. Normal graphics programs don't read that, they just see the standard flat PNG portion of the file. Neat.
It also explains why Rifleman may have problems. Perhaps his edition of Paintshop Pro sees, but can't make heads or tails of the additional data.

Ok that makes sense. Thank you Miho.

Ace - I'm sorry for coming off as agressive as I did. I've been having a shitty last few weeks, and I've got make-or-break finals coming up over the next week and a half (that's just the way the classes are laid out, I'm pulling As in all of the classes).

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 14th, 2010, 5:56 pm
If you're having make-or-break finals, why in the hell are you on Shipbucket?!

You bastards will be lucky to see my ass around here the first half of December.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 14th, 2010, 6:31 pm
Colosseum wrote:
If you're having make-or-break finals, why in the hell are you on Shipbucket?!

You bastards will be lucky to see my ass around here the first half of December.
Because I know the material (Physics, Drafting, and Cartography), and the professors have all established that to pass the class you must pass the final (which shouldn't be too hard in any of the classes).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 14th, 2010, 8:12 pm
[ img ]
new update.
EDIT: added the seahawk

Last edited by acelanceloet on November 15th, 2010, 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 14th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Better and Better!!!

[Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 18th, 2010, 9:32 am
[ img ]
few parts updated......

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 25th, 2010, 7:02 pm
[ img ]
and all the landing craft currently in use are added! also updated the screws, the lcf screw is now the right one instead of the disapproved one from mitch. also, all missiles should be in place now, if any of the launchers/guidance/ data is wrong, or I have missed one, please notify me on that, because everything that is complete will not be looked after for now. missile data has to be collected again, but most of that is the commisioning of an new ship... so that shouldn't be that hard. (and the role is air defence for all except harpoon, just needs editing) but still, all help and comments are welcome. (just too busy to check and recheck all myself)

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Royal Netherlands Navy sheetPosted: November 26th, 2010, 11:51 am
What the hell is up with that Seacat launcher? IIRC the orange antenna should be inbetween the missiles, not to the side.

Edit: It's a triple, not a quadruple launcher. Didn't the RN use the quadruple?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 11  [ 110 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »

Jump to: