Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 85 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Go to page « 183 84 85 86 87137 »
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 28th, 2012, 4:20 am
Well, going on hiatus for a bit again. I had pretty much recovered from my external harddrive crashing and taking all my drawings, WIP's and everything with it. So, I buckled down and rebuilt my equipment "cheat sheets", my aircraft list, my ship list, had a number of drawings in various stages of completeness ... and now my whole computor crashed. Completely. It won't even bloody well boot up. So, I really lost everything this time. Using my wifes computor right now, but hers is set up a bit different from mine so I'm trying to figure out whats where on it. Maybe I'll try and start some drawings again, more likely I'll just wait until this weekend when we go out to see about getting me a new computor.

This sucks.

(and the Vengeance remains my attack bomber of choice for my carriers from 1942-46. Seriously. It stays.)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 28th, 2012, 5:32 am
Once you get a new PC, I'd suggest finding a place that offers hard drive recovery. I would avoid Best Buy however, and my personal preference is for a local shop that services the corporate market.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 28th, 2012, 5:50 am
And while you're at it I'd invest in a new set of backups. Personally I have three on three different medias. (External hard-drive, usb-stick and drop-box)

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 28th, 2012, 6:05 am
Thiel wrote:
And while you're at it I'd invest in a new set of backups. Personally I have three on three different medias. (External hard-drive, usb-stick and drop-box)
Yeah, thats kinda at the top of my list. ;) When I get my new computor, I'm going to pick up several thumbdrives to save my stuff on. It gets kinda frustrating losing everything ... twice. Should have done that after the external died, but you know the old "shoulda woulda coulda" mantra. What really sucks is that I've lost the same ship twice now, the first "HMS Titania" CV on the external, and now a restarted and nearly finished "HMS Titania". I'm starting to think the name may be too close to "Titanic" and that the universe is trying to tell me something. :lol: I also had a light carrier about 75% finished, another armored cruiser about 50% done, a light cruiser about 50% done, a complete "world map" for my AU about 90% done (not based on any earth map, I drew all the continents, islands, and everything myself), and an aircraft chart for my FAA and Marine aircraft for the years 1920-49 nearly finished. There were also a few other ships in various stages of getting started.

Yup, thumbdrives will be my friend from now on.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 28th, 2012, 8:27 am
Have you tried looking at the power supply? That could be your problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 29th, 2012, 8:36 pm
APDAF wrote:
Have you tried looking at the power supply? That could be your problem.
Yeah, I checked that, it wasn't that. The bloody thing just gave up the ghost. It was old and well past retirement time, but I was hanging onto it because I knew all its ins-n-outs well.

And now a small tweak of the Quinn Bay Class. Changed out the Devastator for the Dauntless, and added a Martlet on the deck.
[ img ]

Last edited by Zephyr on June 30th, 2012, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 29th, 2012, 10:02 pm
Does your computer turn on?

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 30th, 2012, 12:22 am
It turns on, and nothing happens. But. Got me a new putor! woot woot. I'm on my new computor. And when I bought the new computor, I also purchased a couple 8GB sticks to store my WIP's on. I'm not losing anymore of them.

And the "Titania" has been renamed "Centaur". ;)

I would do the snoopy happy dance, but then most of you might feel compelled to gouge your eyes out with a spoon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 30th, 2012, 9:15 am
Well, since you've finished your carrier, I'd suggest you take a second look at that minelayer.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 30th, 2012, 12:28 pm
I'm actually pretty satisfied with that minelayer class. I understand your objections, but I believe the current configuration is what would work best for the designed role and my navy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 85 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 183 84 85 86 87137 »

Jump to: