Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2635 »
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 26th, 2011, 10:44 am
Thanks, Gollevainen.
As for Kriegsmarine weapons; I've tried to use already drawn stuff as much as possible but it turns out the Germans made too many different types of mounts for the same gun :)
Anyhow; I'll post what I've drawn soon.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 27th, 2011, 9:27 pm
And here they go:
[ img ]
Just for refs:
2cm Flakvierling
3.7cm SKC/30
10.5cm SKC/33

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: February 1st, 2012, 7:09 am
WhyMe wrote:
Kriegsmarine Motor boats
Well done, thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: March 15th, 2012, 11:04 pm
Just some fun before I go to bed.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 11:10 am
East German FAM (FASTA-4/4M) shipboard missile launcher for 9K32 Strela-2/9K34 Strela-3/9K39 Igla missiles - with and without missiles.
Note: According to my sources FAM was the proper name of the naval version of this launcher while FASTA-4 (-4M) was name of it's land variant, installed on the Robur LO-1800 trucks, but at least in several places I've found the name FASTA applied to shipborne version.

[ img ]

Here are photographs for reference:
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... lnchr1.jpg
(source: Nowa Technika Wojskowa, 10/1994, p. 43)

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... lnchr2.jpg
(source: Nowa Technika Wojskowa, 12/1999, p.32)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 11:49 am
In SB scale the thing would be something of this size:
[ img ]
and even this rendition of mine is quite exagerated in sense of details.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 11:59 am
It is oversized indeed. As large parts of weapons here, unless something changed since yesterday?
Btw. - Yours is under-scaled (if I can say so) - it's only some 135-150cm high (at most) while in reality it's about 170-180cm high (mine is some 270cm high)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 12:04 pm
launchers are not overscaled, missiles are. (well some launchers are, like the old mk 13, but for the sake of good looks at least I try to use the real size of them)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 12:12 pm
I scaled this one by scaling actuall ship plans fielding the system. I add some "depth" into the chasis in width-wise thoug, but the heigth is basicly what those references (I did use quite multible sources for having the perfect consensus) gave in. I have not met anywhere actuall detailed dimensions of the system.

And yes, there are quite lot of oversized weapons and equipment out there... its bit of mess of deliberate and unintentional off-scalings we need to keep fixing.

In small items like this, that is mostly mounted onboard smaller range of the boats and crafts, one shouldn't go too large in the exaggeration, since one can easily end up bluring the entire use of the system. Best keep the level of accuracy somewhere in 1-2 pixels range, or from 1/2 to 1 feet in reall dimensions. Thougth the key importance/trick/pain is to determ when to draw something with three pixels and when with only one pixel. It gets easier in larger items, but it comes down to difficulties with MGs, Manpads, ect...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 12:14 pm
Russian 37mm 70-K is overscaled (as an example). 8-)
And regarding specifically Strela launchers - those available looks IMHO very oddly with the launcher in SB scale and missile oversized 170%. ;)

Does this look more acceptable for You?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2635 »

Jump to: