Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 82 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Go to page « 180 81 82 83 84137 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 18th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Love this one Zephyr. I'm missing the funnel uptakes, which on these ship were usually small square little boxes, situated in the after part of the ship. In this case may i suggest, just aft of the rear quad 40mm mountings (Between that mounting and after lift) both uptakes at the edge of the flight deck, to port and starboard.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 18th, 2012, 11:25 pm
Zephyr wrote:
While the hull is based on a merchant design, these are not straight conversions, but built from the keel up as baby flattops.
Most of the actual CVEs commissioned were built like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Good stuff. I'm shit for carriers otherwise I'd give you the usual helping of my advice. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 19th, 2012, 4:14 am
Novice wrote:
Love this one Zephyr. I'm missing the funnel uptakes, which on these ship were usually small square little boxes, situated in the after part of the ship. In this case may i suggest, just aft of the rear quad 40mm mountings (Between that mounting and after lift) both uptakes at the edge of the flight deck, to port and starboard.
Yeah, haven't got that far yet, so thats a good idea. I was toying with the concept of having a single port-side funnel angled downward like on Japanese carriers, but I just couldn't get it to look right, so I believe I may go with your suggestion.

-----------------
Colosseum wrote:
Good stuff. I'm shit for carriers otherwise I'd give you the usual helping of my advice. :P
Doing carriers is kinda new for me as well. I'm a lot more comfortable with cruisers and destroyers. The REAL challenge, eventually, is going to be when I start doing modern carriers for my navy. That ought be a true joy, especially considering how confused I get as far as modern electronics goes. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 19th, 2012, 8:23 am
Did a little more on this. Not sure if I'm headed in the right direction or what, but in any case, more stuff added. ;)

[ img ]

anybody know of a top view for the Mk.51 directer? I can't seem to find one anywhere. I tried to cobble something together, but not quite sure how accurate it is.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 4:33 am
potentially stupid question ... when figuring aircraft carriers in springsharp, do you figure freeboard to the top of the hull (the dk grey) or to the flightdeck?

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 6:24 am
a little more done.
I believe I may be getting near to finished.
which means I forgot something important, most likely.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 7:59 am
Zephyr wrote:
potentially stupid question ... when figuring aircraft carriers in springsharp, do you figure freeboard to the top of the hull (the dk grey) or to the flightdeck?
I do not know in springsharp, but the freeboard deck is the first deck with openings above the waterline. so, if that mooring gear on the waterline gives an opening to an deck, that's the freeboard deck. if not, then your freeboard will be the top of the hull, as that is the first point water has acces too. in this case: the deck height of your sponsons, or that of the stern, as the hull and hangar are connected without an deck at that point.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 20th, 2012, 10:06 pm
Looks really good but where are the funnels i don't have the most keen eye for Shipbucket and I fail to see it also do your Devastators get a ASW modification (u don't have to draw it I'm just wondering)

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: June 21st, 2012, 3:59 am
Funnels are between the aft 40mm tub and aft antenna, both port and starboard. Small things they are. Its easier to pick them out on the top view than the side view. And yes, I figure the Devastators are capable of carrying DC's.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 82 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 180 81 82 83 84137 »

Jump to: