Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 5th, 2012, 3:35 pm
Today Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding announced the contract for 1 Sigma Frigate 10514 FFG.

Only one Artist impression available as for today. Ship will be build in sections in europe ( Romenia and/or Holland) and shipped to Jakarta to be esembled theire.

[ img ]

Length: 105 m
Beam: 14 m
Depth: 3.7 m
Displacement: 2335 to 2400 ton

Cruise speed 18 knots (max speed 28 knots)
Range at 14/18 knots : 5000 nm
Endurance 20 days

Crew: 100 + 20 reserve
Propulsion: 2x Diesel engine + electric

Combat System:
Extensive Air, Surface and Sub-Surface Surveillance capabilities.
Guided missile Systems and gun systems for Anti-Air Warfare and Anti-Surface Warfare
Torpedo systems for Anti-Submarine Warfare
Active and Passive Electronic Warfare Systems
Tacticos Combat Management System
Also, the SIGMA PKR 10514 will be able to carry an organic helicopter.

Ship should be completed by 2016

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 5th, 2012, 3:49 pm
The 76/62 and the Exocet box does not looks like the latest part. Otherwise, nice boat!

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 5th, 2012, 4:05 pm
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
The 76/62 and the Exocet box does not looks like the latest part. Otherwise, nice boat!
Type of exocet launchers i used from older 10514 type sigma's because they are not shown on the impression.
The 76 mm is the newest for so far i know, but i have 6 diferent variants of the that gun so could be wrong.

I just drew what i could see/recognize from the impression.

[ img ]
The impression released today

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 5th, 2012, 4:28 pm
Very nice work. Yeah, I would have thought they would have at least chosen the stealth copula for the 76/62 for such an advanced design, but I know navies don't always do that since they can take an existing 76/62 off an older ship and put it on the newer one. Notably, Germany's new Braunschweig class corvettes and South Africa's Valour class frigates, both of which are fairly advanced, stealthy designs, use the older round copula on their 76/62s.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 5th, 2012, 4:38 pm
travestytrav25 wrote:
Very nice work. Yeah, I would have thought they would have at least chosen the stealth copula for the 76/62 for such an advanced design, but I know navies don't always do that since they can take an existing 76/62 off an older ship and put it on the newer one. Notably, Germany's new Braunschweig class corvettes and South Africa's Valour class frigates, both of which are fairly advanced, stealthy designs, use the older round copula on their 76/62s.
Yes alot of nations go with old frame , i would go with stealth or even DART aswell but he im not indonesia. The dutch also use standard 76 mm's for theire patrol ships, because its alot cheaper to re-use older models then buying brand new ones. atleast im very happy the go wit Milenium gun instead of bofors ASW mortars much more advanced weapon then that old mortar.

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 5th, 2012, 11:05 pm
very nice
the CIWS location seems a bit limited though

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 6th, 2012, 4:45 am
CIWS is a secondary function, it's also capable of engaging surface targets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 6th, 2012, 4:48 am
Yeah i'm aware of that but wouldn't it make more sense to have it anywhere read of the funnels instead of so close to the relatively similar in function 76mm (this includes combating surface targets

References and feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Trojan on June 6th, 2012, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 6th, 2012, 4:49 am
I don't know, ask the guys who actually designed it. Obviously, CIWS wasn't that much of a priority for them. But people who design warships for a living, especially for a foreign client, don't do things because they "feel like it."

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Indonesia SIGMA 10514 Guided Missile FrigatePosted: June 6th, 2012, 7:09 am
Few mistakes in your drawing
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: