Thiel wrote:
A head.
A head as in head! :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 2:59 pm
SHIPDUDE wrote:
[ img ]

One of the most important parts of the ship, almost always overlooked!
this smells an awful lot like trolling to me.... this kind of posts make me happy that I chose to gather the drawings all in the first thread

@ heuhen: thanks! I had most of it, but I already have seen some great stuff for the short modules :P

[Profile] [Quote]
SHIPDUDE
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 9:55 pm
:cry: :roll: :cry:

" it would help people with both own designs and never builds to estimate how an ship is laid out"

How many own designs give a second thought to crew spaces?

Sailors have to sleep, eat and take massive dumps, but you'd never know it from some designs!

Maybe some idea of habitability requirements would be helpful, or you'll end up with guns, missiles and the newest Dutch radars stuck all over a ship even if people pay scrupulous attention to your below deck drawings!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 10:00 pm
SHIPDUDE wrote:
Maybe some idea of habitability requirements would be helpful, or you'll end up with guns, missiles and the newest Dutch radars stuck all over a ship even if people pay scrupulous attention to your below deck drawings!
That's actually an apt description of how warships are designed.
First you place the radars, then the weapons, then the engines, then the ancillary equipment and then you leave it up to an assistant to find room for the crew, hence some of the more creative housing solutions up to and including sleeping in torpedo tubes, air intakes, under the stove, on top of nuclear warheads, suspended under the mess tables and other even stranger concepts. And yes, all those are real examples.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
SHIPDUDE
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 10:11 pm
In the torpedo tubes! :shock:

Well, that changes things! I imagine the crew would sleep in gun barrels and suspended inside VLS tubes like bats in the typical AU ship!

Carry on!

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 21st, 2012, 11:14 pm
SHIPDUDE wrote:
It came off as borderline trolling. The difference between sarcasm and trolling is a fine one, and it's hard to define. If you had also posted other items that relate to habitability such as lockers, bunks, and kitchen stuff, you would have been on the other side of the sarcasm line and you would have been fine. Shipbucket is limited in that it's a 2D medium, and short of drawing deck plans has a hard time demonstrating a lot of issues.

The main goal here is to work with centerline items, and those items that require significant volume in the hull that can not be divorced from the above deck structure.

If you really want to learn up on habitability, the Defense Logistics Agency has the 1996 standards online here.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 24th, 2012, 7:13 pm
as promised, the mk 41 top view is added, as well as some minor edits to the sideviews. I also added notes to the sideviews, to give some insight on how these should be placed (as the the drawn parts are most of the time not the entire fit that is inside the ship, foots and strengthening girders can sometimes go up as far as the deck)

right now I am running into the limits in this 'post parts on the forums so people can use them' idea.... missing colo's parts sheet idea now already :P we should find ourself another coder haha

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 24th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Hmm, are you sure about the ammo drum on the OTO 127mm/64 LW?
It seems strange that it's so much smaller than the 127mm/54 when they use the same shells,

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 24th, 2012, 8:02 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-unZOJEZjC4
the answer is, that hte ready-use magazine is in the magazine. (considering this, I might have to add those 4 magazines as well..... but as other guns use the magazine space even less effective, and I have no sizes for those........ I do not know if that would be wise.... just found that video by chance)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: May 25th, 2012, 6:22 am
''It came off as borderline trolling''

It likely was And remember Shipdude? ''Ga je Hondje neuken'' That's why I can't take you serieus after all ;)

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 836 »

Jump to: