Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 25 of 50  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page « 123 24 25 26 2750 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 6:04 am
Is it sad that I have actually never heard of the SEPECAT Jaguar until this thread???

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 6:27 am
@ Colo, YES! I knew about Jaguars back in '91, when the RAF was using them in Desert Shield/Storm, and I was only 9 years old. I remember seeing them on the news.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 8:45 am
Impressive work Darth.

The Jaguar became the back-bone of the RAF alongside the Tornado family. It began as a supersonic trainer requirement, then teamed up with the French and then the RAF used them as a Hunter replacement (there was nothing else on offer at that time with P.1154 having been axed). The French wanted a ground-attack/ strike variant but never really used the Jaguar in the numbers the RAF did and never kept them as updated. Perhaps had Dassault not brought Breguet then things might have been different. There was an aborted Jaguar M carrier-borne fighter too. Killed partly by its poor deck-landing characteristics, poor response of the Ardours and the fact Dassault wanted to sell Super Etendards to to French Navy. By then the FAA had Phantoms and was winding down its carrier fleet anyway.
I think perhaps it was the most fortunate programme the RAF was ever involved in, it gave them the aircraft it really needed that did what it said on the box at reasonable price. The P.1154 would probably have been a disaster and certainly would not have lasted as long in service. It has been said before that the RAF perhaps scrapped its Jaguars too early, they may have had longer lives by the Typhoon is a better aircraft all-round.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 9:13 am
WOW DP has done it again.Excellent drawings of the Jaguar on of my all time favorite aircraft. :D

[Profile]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 11:55 am
Here it is using the M55 as a makeshift runway:

[ img ]

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 1:19 pm
Very impressive line up with the Sepecat Jaguar!What about a line up of F-104?

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 4:13 pm
Yeah the M55 trial was probably the only one of its kind in Britain. The stretch of M55 hadn't been opened and was brand-new then. I bet the constructors were real chuffed to come back and find their fresh laid tarmac scorched! :lol:

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 5:55 pm
[ img ]
odysseus1980 wrote:
Very impressive line up with the Sepecat Jaguar!What about a line up of F-104?
Starfighter have too many operators.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
SoniCraft
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 7:42 pm
REALLY SUPER!

beautiful Jaguar! :D

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD scale Aircrafts - Post all your flying objects herePosted: April 21st, 2012, 9:38 pm
Those jaguar are one of the best I have seen on this forum!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 25 of 50  [ 499 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 123 24 25 26 2750 »

Jump to: