Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 55 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page « 153 54 55 56 57123 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 19th, 2012, 5:54 pm
Stealth is an irrelevant quality in most theatres these days, nice to have yes but by no means a requirement. I do agree with the points made about the 1216 however. I can't help but think if had of procured them we'd of ended up shelving the Tornado in the defence review that crippled the forces...

On a bucket related note, has anyone ever attempted a Dhruv? I'm in the process of (attempting to) draw them so wondering if there is actually any point in me doing so...

~Mark

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 19th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Quote:
It really is a shame it was cancelled, because it would have given JSF performance at least a decade earlier. Well, with only marginal stealth.
The real selling point of the JSF is its electronics suite\radar actually, which the P1216 obviously would not have either... But meh. A decade earlier and about 60 million cheaper too I guess, that would be pretty amazing. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 19th, 2012, 9:07 pm
Andorianus wrote:
The real selling point of the JSF is its electronics suite\radar actually
No, the real selling point of the JSF is the entire package of stealth, AESA/DAS and a variant with supersonic VTOL capability. It's not any one of those reasons, but all of those reasons combined that are really driving up the price (though yes the supersonic VTOL capability is the largest singular culprit).

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 20th, 2012, 9:19 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Andorianus wrote:
The real selling point of the JSF is its electronics suite\radar actually
No, the real selling point of the JSF is the entire package of stealth, AESA/DAS and a variant with supersonic VTOL capability. It's not any one of those reasons, but all of those reasons combined that are really driving up the price (though yes the supersonic VTOL capability is the largest singular culprit).
Jack of all trades...

Anyway, did some minor edits. I changed the turbine fan color, edited the front/back shape of the fuselage a bit, and added a so-called "scab-on" FLIR, which would have been mounted opposite the nosewheel, under the air intake.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: MiG-31BM FoxhoundPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 1:07 pm
Not believe but it indeed should be, and no credits at an airforce. Great work though..

Post moved to correct topic. MihoshiK

[Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 1:11 pm
I found in my computer a template with What If planes in SB scale (saved from here) and it had among other the Do-31.Who draw it?I ask for proper crediting.

[Profile] [Quote]
ICARE11
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 4:26 pm
MiG-31BM Foxhound

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: MiG-31BM FoxhoundPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 6:20 pm
Very nice job

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 6:31 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
I found in my computer a template with What If planes in SB scale (saved from here) and it had among other the Do-31.Who draw it?I ask for proper crediting.
Planes are considered small parts, and it's polite to credit the artist, but not required.

If no one steps forward, feel free to use it anyway.

[Profile] [Quote]
ICARE11
Post subject: Re: PlanebucketPosted: March 24th, 2012, 5:08 am
Thank you MihoshiK !

the next I believe them there :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 55 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 153 54 55 56 57123 »

Jump to: