Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 36 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 134 35 36 37 3865 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: February 4th, 2012, 10:57 am
@ Paint - It's just what I painted it in. They'll be like the other older ships depicted with green antifouling paint as seen on previous pages.

@ Guns. Embracing the fact we're meant to be metric now despite using inches and lbs for the past 21 years...

Regarding the secondary battery would it make more sense to have the 152mm battery retained and an increased medium AA battery (35-57mm) or have a decrease in secondary battery calibre to perhaps 90-105mm and lessen the medium AA battery?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: February 4th, 2012, 3:41 pm
Updated the post on page 34 with various modern aviation stuff produced in Atlantia (I think it barnset who said a while back what do we make, I answered not much and set about changing that).

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: S-100 ClassPosted: February 15th, 2012, 12:47 pm
First naval drawing to be posted in a while. A class of ten developed and produced in the late twenties and early thirties the S-100 class was one of three main classes of submarines in use by Atlantia prior to the second world war. They saw action mainly in the Celtic Sea and English Channel where all three of the attrition losses took place. S-105 was presumed to have encountered a mine never returning to port after what would be the second patrol for the vessel. S-109 was blown up by a 500kg bomb whilst harbouring in Great Britain, she was deemed too badly damaged to bother repairing.
The class were armed with six 533mm tubes (four forward and two aft) with a total of 20 torpedoes on board. They carried Mk.V and Mk.XXV torpedoes at the outbreak of war. They were armed with a 105mm/45 deck gun for use on the surface as well as a twin 12.7mm x99 machine gun mount aft of the conning tower for AA work.

[ img ]

More WW2 subs to come at some point ~Mark.

ETA:Revised stuff.

Last edited by Blackbuck on February 18th, 2012, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: February 15th, 2012, 2:53 pm
All excellent!!!!

[Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: February 18th, 2012, 10:25 am
Radio-guided torpedoes?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: February 18th, 2012, 10:52 am
Eeo wrote:
Radio-guided torpedoes?
I was wondering about that myself. I realize that there were some experiments with radio controlled torpedoes in the first half of the century, but as far as I know the only one that worked was the Hammond Torpedo, and that was more akin to a kamikaze boat than what we'd identify as a torpedo.
Wire guidance didn't come about until the sixties (I realize the Germans were experimenting with wire guided torpedoes during WWII, but they were purely coastal defence torpedoes and the control mechanism consisted actual steel cables, not an electrical wire)

The best you could deploy would be pattern running torpedoes, and AFAIK that's stretching it.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Updated parts sheet - Still in progressPosted: March 4th, 2012, 11:46 am
I haven't been around as much due mainly to our college moving premises to a brand new campus which has so far been troublesome to say the least. That said I have still been doodling. Mainly on parts and dabbling into drawing FD scale trains...
Anyhow some updated parts, the sheet obviously still isn't finished but I figure it'd be good practice to have the systems illustrated.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: March 4th, 2012, 1:59 pm
wow nice draws Blackbuck

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: March 4th, 2012, 4:19 pm
Damn I missed that Battleship! it's awesome!

[Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: March 4th, 2012, 5:49 pm
Thank you for the kind words. I've made a little more progress on the battleship drawing since the iteration posted,things are coming together still, slowly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 36 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 134 35 36 37 3865 »

Jump to: