Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 5:19 pm
I don't think I ever treated you as if you didn't know anything. In fact, when the staff commented that there was no standard method for drawing bridge windows, I immediately revised my initial claim and stated only my opinion as to how it should have been done, in effect leaving you to your own devices to complete the bridge windows to your own liking. See below:
Quote:
If the staff's official position is that the drawing of the bridge windows is left up to you, then I have no right to say anything contrary to that. I was under the impression that we had an established way of drawing bridge windows regardless of what they looked like in real life.

My drawing was a suggestion of how I would have done it (based on how MConrads and MihoshiK did it back in the day). In my opinion, it gives the drawing a neat and tidy look that just placing grey pixels over blue does not.
Quote:
Instead of practically ordering me to change something, not knowing why a particular detail is drawn in a certain way, you might have extended me the benefit if doubt, asking why i pick such and such solution. But no, instead you barged on like a rhino in a China store. That's what upset me.
Welcome to Shipbucket... :?
Quote:
And Ian, you can have your shot at thus class, however, expect a tit-for-tat criticism of it . I have studied this class for some twenty years. I feel that i should know it fairly well.
I am not planning on drawing this ship as you have already done it!

[Profile]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 8:44 pm
Allright, since apparently this drawing cannot be done without butthurt, I'll be the moderator to take an official stance.

Coloseum: You're not a mod. Please don't phrase suggestions as orders.

Bezobrazov: Fix those damned windows. This is not optional. If there are, as you state "rubber linings surmounting a thin metal post", then show that thin metal post. We've got railings six inches wide, you get to make a thin metal post a pixel wide. That's what the color black is for. We do not do dark grey lines to show this kind of work. As noted before, we've got railings a full six inches wide, and a more appropriate and better looking form of that was also nixed by the mods. It's either this, or the way Coloseum suggested.
Furthermore, grow a thicker skin. I've noticed before (but never remarked upon) the fact that you do not take critisism well. Now, to heck with the peanut gallery, but if you don't take critisism of experienced members well, then maybe you should ask yourself why you're posting here at all.

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 8:56 pm
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 8:59 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Non Possumus...
You're not a pope. And yes you can.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 9:31 pm
Sigh

thread closed

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: