Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 8th, 2012, 11:13 am
No problem there Bezo; and I've actually found a couple more diferences between the two above, most noticeably the funnel cap, and its actually quite nice trying to spot the diferences. That said, I respect your right to duplicate but I'll still stick with my own approach :)

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 8th, 2012, 11:42 am
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 9th, 2012, 4:46 am
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 4:06 am
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 4:27 am
Fix the bridge windows (and all other windows like so):

[ img ]

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 4:45 am
-edit-

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 6:08 am
Shipbucket style bridge windows have a single pixel of gray between them. This is established standard. Any and all windows must be drawn in this style. It doesn't matter if the windows aren't actually a foot and a half apart. This looks neat and is how it's been done for years now.

Arguably my version is the correct version for SB since I codified the style along with Gollevainen and MConrads when we developed the style guidelines.

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 7:36 am
-edit-

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 8:22 am
I would suggest black line instead of grey in the windows, since the grey as used in one pixel width is usually not intended to present stuff that is grey, but something that is narrow against grey background.

Overally bridge windows are one of those items where the art of exaggeration comes to play, and there are no strict guidelines of how things should be drawn, but there are only few good ways to drawn the windows that they actually look good... its down to the artist skill to drawn them in the deep end.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 9:59 am
I agree with Golly that black, or perhaps a slightly darker shade of grey would look better. But I have full confidence in Bezo's skill to do what he feels is right and looks right. As an Elite member he has the skill to weigh up what represents the truth best. All of us would draw those windows in different ways, interpretation varies.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 3 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: