Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
dc1
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 4:22 pm
Your Fricke CL lokk a bit top heavy.

Main problem is the layout. As it is now you have all boilerrooms far aft. The boilers must be very small to fit in. Probably too small to get enough power. Then the steem is to move foreward to the turbines that drives very long shafts. And then you must find space for the dieselengines too.

You need some redesign that involves moving parts of the machinery and superstructure. And a little more hull would be nice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 6:22 pm
What's with the extra heavy forward armament?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 7:21 pm
every one of them!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 8:27 pm
heuhen wrote:
every one of them!
Precisely! Heuhen, you sure you're not a mindreader?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 9:49 pm
Wolfman wrote:
heuhen wrote:
every one of them!
Precisely! Heuhen, you sure you're not a mindreader?
:D Yes I am!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 10:01 pm
Huh, no wonder you've been posting before I can get a reply to the original comment typed out... :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 24th, 2012, 2:59 am
The CB seems like a German version of the Nelson-class...interesting! I do agree with whoever said the CL seems rather top-heavy, though. The DD's not half bad...put the same kind of armament on the stern that is on the bow and she'll be a well-balanced vessel!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 24th, 2012, 2:50 pm
The drawings are nice, but I agree with Matt. The CB does seem a little too British to be German with that layout. The DD is a very nice, sharp looking vessel. And your E-boat looks sharp too! The only thing is that the depth charge rack on the E-boat would serve better if it wasn't so angled like that. I think that it would be perfectly fine if it was laid out on the deck.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 12:44 am
The carrier looks like you may have based it off of one of the sprucan harrier carrier conversion ideas.

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 1:02 am
She will not be able to handle that superstructure. you have to remember that a superstructure on a aircraft carrier is placed off-cent and that will go over the balance of the boat.

- Take and place a bowel in a bathtub with water.
- have something heavy weight down in the bowl (If the bowl takes 10 liters you can place 2-4 kg of weight in the bottom of it)
- Apply a thin plate on top of that (which does not weigh that much.)
- Then place something on the side of bowl (which can represent the superstructure) It may have a weight of 4-6 kg.
- Then you can make waves in the bathtub. What' is happening now?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: